Community Forums

Stealth Belt Pro (2017) : REVIEW  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

James S
 James S
(@James S)
June 21, 2019 9:29 am  

Thank you for the speedy response, most appreciated!

ReplyQuote
UCtoOstomy
(@uctoostomy)
Registered
July 23, 2019 2:41 am  

Recently bought the Stealth Band Support Belt and its amazing! I have a hybrid, 2 pros and now the comfort belt. Waiting for Eric to do a review on it :)

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 23, 2019 9:50 am  

How do you like the support belt compared to the others? It would be a while before I could review one because I'd have to get my hands on one first 😂

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
UCtoOstomy
(@uctoostomy)
Registered
July 23, 2019 7:42 pm  

I have only had it for a week and its great so far.  The fit can change depending on how much food i’ve eaten but its super comfortable.  Easy to put on, lightweight and i feel its a little more discreet than the pro. I’ve only wore the hybrid a couple times when skiing so I can’t conpare it to the support belt.  

I’m actually wearing the pro right now and i feel its more secure than the support belt, but sometimes it feels a little too tight and needs to be loosened.   The pro is great in that its adjustable whereas the support belt isn’t.  For someone who’s tummy changes size over a period of time from eating, exercise and diet then it may be hard to have a good fit.   But so far I really like it.  Even when it feels a little loose its fairly comfortable and hardly know its there.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 25, 2019 11:12 am  

@uctoostomy

Great mini-review! :-) Sounds like the Support Belt is a nice blend of a traditional Stealth Belt and an ostomy wrap: minimalist and still quite functional. 

ReplyQuote
dauniis
(@dauniis)
Registered
August 20, 2019 2:12 am  

This feels like a silly question, and I emailed the stealth belt people to ask them and didn't hear back. If you wear the Sensura Mio Click, when you're measuring the flange for a stealth belt, do you measure the click tab with the button? I can't figure out if I need the 2 3/4” opening or the 3 1/4" one.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 20, 2019 2:34 am  

@dauniis

I would measure only the ring portion as the belt opening should be able to go under the click lock. I'm surprised they never replied as they tend to have really good customer service.

ReplyQuote
CHERYL BAUMBACH
 CHERYL BAUMBACH
(@CHERYL BAUMBACH)
September 18, 2019 7:26 pm  

Do you know of others who have a urostomy but are still successful using the Stealth Belt Pro, i.e., with the bag horizontal? My husband would definitely prefer the Pro version over the Vertical one. (He uses a Hollister 2-piece and we have seen your tip video about oiling the flange to make it rotate more easily.)

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
September 19, 2019 1:30 pm  

Hi Cheryl,

Urostomates are harder to come by (simply because there are fewer of them compared to other ostomates) but there are some who do wear their appliance horizontally. Stealthbelt does have a product called the "Stingray" which would place the bag on a diagonal position, although that may not help if he plans to wear pants with a shirt tucked in.

I will say that the consistency of his output might make things challenging as you do not want urine to be in contact with the opening around the stoma or it will erode the barrier more quickly than normal.

I have asked on social media for others to share their experiences, so I will update you once I hear from others.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Please Login or Register