Helping people is what I love to do, and I want to create the best resource for ostomates all over the world!
This site, along with the videos I create for YouTube, has reached hundreds of thousands of people since launching in 2013.
From the beginning, I’ve set out to create a website that I would want to use myself. That means not having any ads, pop-ups, sponsored posts, or other annoyances that would hurt the user experience or jeopardize the trust I have with my audience.
Running a site like this requires special web hosting, software, paid plugins and services; the videos I produce also require special software licenses, computer hardware, and of course audio/video equipment.
Over the past few years, I’ve been asked by several of my amazing fans how they can help to support me as I continue to create new articles and videos for them.
Here are some things you can do to help, but I want to make it perfectly clear that I expect nothing in return for the work I do on this site.
- Share my articles and videos with other people. I have social share links on each article, and my YouTube videos can also be shared easily. If you are part of a local ostomy or IBD group, let other members know about the site, too.
- Comment on my videos, articles, and social media posts. I love reading and responding to your comments, but your tips and experiences also help others. Don’t be shy :)
- Subscribe to my newsletter, social media accounts, YouTube channel. While I try to make this website the hub of all my information, I post a lot of updates and other tidbits over various platforms. Following me on social sites or my newsletter helps me to know where to allocate more time to connect with my audience.
I do not, and will not accept payment from companies in exchange for product reviews, “sponsored posts”, or anything that I feel would result in a conflict of interest for my audience. If you are an individual who wants to help financially support this site, here are some ways to do it.
Any financial support I receive goes directly into paying for web hosting, software, audio/video tools, stock images/music/video clips, to pay for services that help me build the site, to purchase products to review that are not covered under my private insurance plan (most accessories), travel expenses associated with my advocacy work, and to cover the cost of related products and services.
If you’d like to make a single, monetary show of support, you can do so securely through PayPal by clicking on the logo above or on the link HERE.
To support this site on a monthly basis, check out the options below:
Amazon Affiliate Purchases
Are you an Amazon shopper? VeganOstomy is a participant in the Amazon, Inc. Associates Program, so I’m able to make a small commission from orders at no extra cost to you!
Did you know that Amazon sells ostomy supplies, too?? Check it out!
Affiliate Links for Bloggers
Below, you’ll find affiliate links to some of the services I use to run this site.
By clicking on these links and signing up to these services yourself, I may receive compensation in the form of free software licenses or services. In return, there’s often a bonus discount or offer that you’ll receive.
I won’t recommend products that I don’t personally use myself. These are some of the tools that helped my website to grow, and I hope they help to build yours too.
- GeneratePress (The current theme of this website! Some of the best customer support around.)
- CoSchedule (This WordPress plugin helps me to schedule social media posts and provides an excellent editorial calendar to do it from).
- CodeCanyon on the Envato Market (I’ve purchased and used quite a few WordPress plugins from this site).
- Dropbox (Cloud storage that’s supported by many mobile apps. I use DropBox often when working on blog posts.)
- Evernote (I’ve used Evernote for years, and it helps me to keep blog ideas and medical notes organized).
- Tweet-Wheel (This WordPress plugin has helped me to grow my Twitter engagement by tweeting “evergreen” content on a regular schedule).
- WPCloud.ca (My current web host. These guys offer some amazing tools to help host this site, including automatic backup, staging site, CDN, and more.)
Have another idea?
If you have another way to help support this site, please contact me to discuss it.
- I’m currently looking for a graphic designer who would be interested in volunteering their talent to help with designs for advocacy t-shirts.