Community Forums

StomaTuck: Review  

RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
October 11, 2018 11:15 am  

Let's discuss the StomaTuck! Have you used it before?

Wearing a StomaTuck front VeganOstomy

My full review for this product can be found in the link below.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 11, 2018 1:12 pm  

Well the first thing I will say "fair play to who ever thought of it" I see problems with it and I see a lot of benefits. A lot is going to depend where the stoma is, for me to wear my pants below the stoma is way to low. I can get away with finding pants that are just a little higher. one question did It cause any trouble rubbing with the bottom of the wafer? Their are folk its going to do a great job for and here that ain,t no bad thing. the price is not bad either as some of these devices can be expensive.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
October 11, 2018 1:50 pm  

It doesn't cause any rubbing on the bottom of the wafer, however, the sharp edges of the bag outlet may cause discomfort (this depends on the bag used).

I really wish it worked better as it's an elegant alternative to stoma guards, but output will always find the path of least resistance, and it was easier for stool to travel up than force its way down to the bottom.

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 11, 2018 1:58 pm  
Posted by: VeganOstomy

It doesn't cause any rubbing on the bottom of the wafer, however, the sharp edges of the bag outlet may cause discomfort (this depends on the bag used).

That is a point for any one looking to wear their bag tucked in, I have had problems in the past with a bag rubbing on my leg.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
October 11, 2018 2:16 pm  

A quick solution for that, John, is to use a pouch cover! It adds a tiny bit of extra bulk, but works wonders to prevent poking and scratches!

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
danbh
(@danbh)
Registered
October 11, 2018 5:21 pm  

Looks to me like Stoma tuck is for those with Ileostomy, where the output is fluid mostly. For those with Colostomy I think it would hold all output at the top of the bag, and that can bring trouble. I have a large stoma, and the output is mostly in large chunks (I call those bricks), that I can feel when they drop to the bottom of the bag. For me that would not work (from what I seen in your video Eric), in fact I have yet to find a way to conceal this large tennis ball coming out of my abdoman. So far any thing I tried created a problem with output being stuck on top, or having the pancake effect.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register