October 9, 2019 8:41 pm  

@ileostony

TY

ReplyQuote
Cyrisse
(@cyrisse)
Registered
December 5, 2019 7:45 pm  

Yes it does flatten out. Stoma is prolapsed. yo osmotic nurse who verified the parastomal hernia, I think they said it was 4 by 5. Have switched to a different size wafer and pouch and ordering a hernia belt.  Now have a rash under the wafer, will c the osmotic nurse tomorrow again. It itches like hell .  Am a Hollister girl, maybe I have become sensitive to the tape or something. I know it will get better, just have to ride the wave. TY for your response. Happy Holidays :-) 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 11, 2019 10:18 am  
Posted by: @cyrisse

Now have a rash under the wafer, will c the osmotic nurse tomorrow again. It itches like hell .  Am a Hollister girl, maybe I have become sensitive to the tape or something.

Can your stoma nurse tell you whether this rash is a fungal infection or not?

I had issues this past summer after wearing Hollister for many years and it was fungal. I'm still using Hollister, but switched to their New Image without the CeraPlus so that my skin can stay drier - I believe my problem came about partly because I was pushing wear times at the same time I was sweating a lot due to summer activities, but also because the CeraPlus wafers I was using was designed to keep moisture in the skin (likely compounding the problem). 

ReplyQuote
Loveanimals
(@loveanimals)
Registered
March 14, 2020 5:58 pm  

Hi-first time posting a little sad I know as this site is a wealth of information so thank you everyone. My question for anyone as my ostomy nurses are a bit busy right now, is can I wear my hernia belt snuggle over my stoma and bag? I have a hernia and now a bit of a prolapse so my nurse will order a belt but until she does is it ok to wear my hernia belt directly over my bag and stoma and NOT use the hole I had cut out? My stoma stays in place better otherwise is swells and comes out a bit. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
March 14, 2020 6:35 pm  

Hi and welcome, wearing the belt over the stoma and bag wouldn’t really work. Yep we can wear clothes over the stoma but the hernia belt won’t stretch. Is the belt you have at the moment the correct size.

ReplyQuote
Cyrisse
(@cyrisse)
Registered
April 4, 2020 7:53 pm  

Yes. But the stoma prolapse is a bit large measuring about 3 inches in  size so the belt with the hole in it does not help.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2