October 9, 2019 8:41 pm  

@ileostony

TY

ReplyQuote
dauniis
(@dauniis)
Registered
December 5, 2019 4:32 pm  

There could be several signs, but a bulge under the skin is one of them. When you lay down, dows this hard area get softer or flatten out?

ReplyQuote
Cyrisse
(@cyrisse)
Registered
December 5, 2019 7:45 pm  

Yes it does flatten out. Stoma is prolapsed. yo osmotic nurse who verified the parastomal hernia, I think they said it was 4 by 5. Have switched to a different size wafer and pouch and ordering a hernia belt.  Now have a rash under the wafer, will c the osmotic nurse tomorrow again. It itches like hell .  Am a Hollister girl, maybe I have become sensitive to the tape or something. I know it will get better, just have to ride the wave. TY for your response. Happy Holidays :-) 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 11, 2019 10:18 am  
Posted by: @cyrisse

Now have a rash under the wafer, will c the osmotic nurse tomorrow again. It itches like hell .  Am a Hollister girl, maybe I have become sensitive to the tape or something.

Can your stoma nurse tell you whether this rash is a fungal infection or not?

I had issues this past summer after wearing Hollister for many years and it was fungal. I'm still using Hollister, but switched to their New Image without the CeraPlus so that my skin can stay drier - I believe my problem came about partly because I was pushing wear times at the same time I was sweating a lot due to summer activities, but also because the CeraPlus wafers I was using was designed to keep moisture in the skin (likely compounding the problem). 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Please Login or Register