Community Forums

Hyperbaric oxygen t...

Hyperbaric oxygen treatment update  

RSS

madrikh52
(@madrikh52)
Registered
September 22, 2019 6:48 pm  

Hello all, I just finished week 3 (of 9 or 12 weeks, depending) of my HBO2 treatments. All is going well. My sacral pain might be a tiny bit better but I'm still not sure. Other symptoms that I have from pelvic radiation are still present. I really wasn't expecting any changes so soon, but you never know. One thing that is interesting is I'm very tired. I have dealt with intermittent fatigue for much of my life but this is worse than that. 

I will try to keep you posted (literally!).

Marci

LK and SqueakyandLiza liked
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
September 22, 2019 10:24 pm  

Hi Marci,

I’m glad you were able to get things worked out to get your hyperbaric treatments. I am still doing mine at my friend’s house. Not sure if it is helping, but I don’t think it is hurting. I had an experience with ear problems the other day. We had to stop and release pressure twice until my ears finally popped. That has only happened the one time where they wouldn’t pop while the tent thing was pressurizing. It was pretty painful though. I think it was congestion causing it. 

I hope you start to see results soon!!

-Liza
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
September 23, 2019 1:33 am  

Marci and Liza,   I am so glad you are able to get hyperbaric treatments. I hope you both soon see the changes they should bring!  Ear pain, yikes nasty stuff in a chamber. 

Marci, try and just go with the fatigue. I have had such low iron (2 and now 5 with low hemoglobin as well ) have you had your iron tested? I hope you can solve this issue soon. Fatigue like that is no fun on top of your other issues. I hope things change for you both soon, it's time.

Linda 

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
September 23, 2019 9:54 am  
Posted by: @madrikh52

One thing that is interesting is I'm very tired. I have dealt with intermittent fatigue for much of my life but this is worse than that. 

Hmm. Is this a side-effect of the treatment or do you think the two are unrelated? Sorry that you are going through that kind of fatigue - I know how awful it can be. 

Let us know if any other updates as it's an interesting topic! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
September 23, 2019 10:16 am  

As for me, it is relaxing, and I often take a little nap during the treatment, but I don’t think it is making me more tired. I don’t know that it is giving me more energy, like I hoped it would, but definitely don’t think it is negatively impacting me.

I had an appointment for my wound a week or so after starting, and the tunneling below the wound was not improved at all, but I’m hoping it just hadn’t been enough time and that there will be improvement next time  🤞Though the wound is draining as much as ever.  😕

-Liza

ReplyQuote
madrikh52
(@madrikh52)
Registered
September 24, 2019 7:38 pm  
Posted by: @veganostomy
Posted by: @madrikh52

One thing that is interesting is I'm very tired. I have dealt with intermittent fatigue for much of my life but this is worse than that. 

Hmm. Is this a side-effect of the treatment or do you think the two are unrelated? Sorry that you are going through that kind of fatigue - I know how awful it can be. 

Let us know if any other updates as it's an interesting topic! 

It can be a side effect though I'm not sure I understand why. Both  the doctor and the technicians have told me to consider it normal and that hopefully it will resolve soon.

Marci

LK liked
ReplyQuote
madrikh52
(@madrikh52)
Registered
September 24, 2019 7:42 pm  

I have good news from my gynecologist. Since my radiation damage is all internal, my GYN is one of the few people who will be able to visually compare tissue before, during and after HBO2. I did have to have some tissue removed and sent to be biopsied, but she did say that my vaginal tissue looks better than it has in a few years! This has to be due to HBO2, so such news gives me hope for further healing. 

I apologize if this is TMI for anyone. But pretty much everything in my pelvis has been damaged, so it is what it is.

Marci

VeganOstomy and LK liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
September 24, 2019 8:36 pm  

@madrikh52

Marci, that is such good news!!!  I wish I would receive similar good news about my wound, but not yet. 😕 Keep it up. I’m heading over to mine in about 15 min. 🙂

Oh, and there is no such thing as TMI here. 😂😂

-Liza

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
September 24, 2019 9:32 pm  

Marci & Liza

Marci, that's just fabulous to news! This is another reason why this site is so important. We  talk openly about such things and help someone else along their journey doing it. Having not talked about my stoma or issues I have for many yrs. I can tell you it feels much better to talk about these things, get feedback, learn and encourage others. Dad had radiation, I know it can be a necessary evil,  but I learn more every day of the damage it can cause. Thank you for openly sharing your experiences. I wish you and the possible silent others, the best results possible.

Linda

ReplyQuote
madrikh52
(@madrikh52)
Registered
September 25, 2019 10:17 am  

@squeakyandliza

Thank! Good lucky to you with your treatments!

Peace,

Marci

ReplyQuote
madrikh52
(@madrikh52)
Registered
September 25, 2019 10:18 am  

@dlkfiretruck

Thank you Linda. I agree, much better to talk about this stuff than to suffer alone!

Marci

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
September 25, 2019 11:09 am  

@madrikh52

That's wonderful news! I hope it continues to get better for you!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register