Prolapsed stoma - oops  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
March 30, 2019 8:29 pm  

Danbh...I did have some swelling in my stoma when mine prolapsed. About two inches of it in the middle of about six inches. It took about a day and a half to go back to where it came from, and I was somewhat impressed that it did go back. This is an interesting topic and I appreciate being able to read and talk about it some. Anything we can learn about stomas ahead of time is good knowledge and important to hear.  Learning from another experience is also good. Thank you for chiming in here.  Before my heart condition had showed itself I had been stunned to see my stoma black in the morning when I went to change my pouch.  I took several really deep slow breaths and could see the colour changing. I think this was the occasion when I learned about the sugar trick. I did not have the knowledge at the time of prolapse, but my nursing history told me what I needed to be sure of.  Colour, fluids and oxygen flow. It was really weird to see that much intestine laying on my tummy with the prolapse, and it was most likely not as much as Eric or you may have experienced. Though vacuuming and washing the floors, I have a lot of them, it is hard work, it was not heavy lifting. Guys, we have all learned something here, so I guess we have to put the safety of our stomas first.  Thank you.

Linda

Linda

ReplyQuote
danbh
(@danbh)
Registered
March 30, 2019 8:37 pm  

Now that I said everything I know about prolapsed Stomas, there is only one more thing to say.

Eric I hope you are well, and taking care of that prolapse, get it over with, and be careful with lifting any heavy stuff from now on.

Dan

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Please Login or Register