Ostomate Valentine’...

Notifications

Ostomate Valentine’s Day  

RSS

SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
February 15, 2020 11:41 pm  

Hi there Ostopals!!  I hope you all had a lovely Valentine’s Day with loved ones, whether spouses, significant others, or family/friends. I thought I would share a bit of mine. 

First is the card my husband got me. It is one I know other ostomates would appreciate. I’ll attach a picture of the front. The inside says “it’s further than the moon and more fun to say”

Our “romantic” evening involved going to a hockey game, getting dinner at the game. We have a Western Hockey League team where we live. For dinner, I had poutine, which I had never had before. Apparently, it  is a Canadian dish. Good job, Canada!!  And speaking of Canada, the team we were playing was from Canada, so I got to hear “Oh, Canada” in addition to the National Anthem. The team was from Moose Jaw. 🤣🤣 Only Canada...

The really funny part was when the game started. Our Coliseum is pretty small, holds about 5500 people. The seats aren’t huge and the rows are staggered in height, but pretty close to each other. We were on an aisle and sitting right in front of us was my husband’s old eye doctor, who just retired this last year. Walking up the steps to his seat, we could see he is having knee problems. So he is on the aisle right in front of me, and when someone needed to get past him to get to their seat, he would sort of stand and sit against the back of his seat. Well when he did that, he was as much on my lap as he was on the back of the seat. After it happened a couple times, it became a joke with us. My husband would lean over and make comments about me getting lap dances. 🤣🤣

The game was pretty exciting. We scored 3 times in the first period. Moose Jaw scored 3 in the second period. In the 3rd, they scored first. Then we scored with about 5 min left to tie it. When there was about 20 seconds left, we were getting settled for overtime, and more lap dances. Then our team scored with a half a second left. It was pretty cool. 

So that was my Valentine’s excitement. Did anyone else do something fun?? 💕💘

1581828061-F451F2BA-F950-429D-B9AD-5184B4F27978.jpeg

glenn.giroir
(@glenn-giroir)
Registered
February 16, 2020 1:30 am  

Nice!  We had dance lessons to get our daughters to, so will do date night soon.  Today we went up into the mountains and played in the snow.  

Take care,

Glenn

LK and SqueakyandLiza liked
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
February 16, 2020 12:20 pm  

We got an order of ribs to go from Outback, ate them at home and watched tv, with the cat. This was fine with me!

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
February 16, 2020 6:04 pm  

Hi all,

We had a romantic dinner at home. I baked some CoHo salmon with garlic and dill and a spritz of lemon juice, had raviolis with fontina cheese and broccoli, and I threw together a healthy veggie salad. I cheated when it came to dessert, though. I bought some Chobani yogurt and used that for a base for parfaits and added organic raspberries to the mix. We had some dinner jazz in the background and had some  wine to compliment the meal. All-in-all. we had a very nice, quiet evening. 

Stella

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
February 17, 2020 4:15 pm  

Nothing as exciting as your day 😂 Moose Jaw is always a name I laugh at, as a kid and as an adult. That's pretty cool that they have a team that gets to travel. 

SqueakyandLiza and LK liked
ReplyQuote
ArchieB
(@archieb)
Registered
February 29, 2020 1:10 pm  

lol I live only a couple hours from Moose Jaw :) I laughed when I read your post. 

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
February 29, 2020 1:21 pm  

Here in Ireland both north and south we have some very strange place names, one which always gets a smile is Muff. 😃

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
March 1, 2020 12:25 am  
Posted by: @archieb

lol I live only a couple hours from Moose Jaw :) I laughed when I read your post. 

That is funny!!  Have you ever gone to one of the hockey games there?  

ReplyQuote
ArchieB
(@archieb)
Registered
March 1, 2020 2:16 pm  
Posted by: @squeakyandliza

That is funny!!  Have you ever gone to one of the hockey games there?  

I've been to many western hockey league games, never been to Moose Jaw for one but I've seen them play many times.

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
March 1, 2020 3:21 pm  

I've been to many western hockey league games, never been to Moose Jaw for one but I've seen them play many times.

If you ever see one against the Tri-Cities Americans, that is my team.  👍🇺🇸

ReplyQuote
ArchieB
(@archieb)
Registered
March 2, 2020 10:27 am  

Yes I've watched them play many times, I don't live there any more but my hometown team is the Prince Albert Raiders.

ReplyQuote
Share: