Community Forums

Which ostomy deodorant works best for you?  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Navey
(@navey)
Registered
22/05/2017 9:21 am  

Sorry Eric I forgot to mention in my posts that I have an ilieostomy.

ReplyQuote
Kae
 Kae
(@kae)
Registered
22/05/2017 7:26 pm  

I use the Adapt Lubricating Deodorant, but I really only use it for the lubrication part. I don't feel like the odor is that big of an issue. Of course it doesn't smell like roses but it's not horrible either. It smells like, well, like a fart. Some are worse than others, but the smell doesn't stick around long. 

Anyway, I find the lube works great, and I use it almost every time I empty. When at home or work I always rinse the bag after emptying it so that rinses out the lube. After all is clean, I pop the bag off and add the lube, work it around, then pop the bag back into place. Works great for me!

As for the deodorant part of the product... well, I can't honestly say I notice. Like I said, some farts are worse than others. I just sort of warn people around me by saying, "Fart," if I need to burp my bag. Of course I don't do that in public, just at home or work, only with people I know and know me. Otherwise, in public places I'll go to the bathroom to deal with it.

ReplyQuote
Pumbaa
(@pumbaa)
Registered
23/05/2017 4:53 pm  
Posted by: Navey

I have tried the Na Scent and find it works but as Tony said it is expensive to use. I have started to use Tic Tacs (the breath mints) I put two in my bag after I have emptied and cleaned it with water. I'm finding it works just fine. I don't know if Tic Tacs are available in the U.K. but I buy a package of them at the Dollar Store for .82 cents and by rough count it looks like there are about fifty of them in a package. If you find it doesn't work for you, you can always take them as a breath mint so all would not be lost.

I use two Tic Tacs during the day as well.  :-)  I don't remember where I saw the idea, but it's a good one and probably the least expensive option.  At bedtime I use three.

It actually does give off a minty smell  when I empty, which cracks me up.  (I'm easily amused, lol.)  Also, if I forget to take them with me to the bathroom, the minty smell still lasts for an empty or two, though it's not as strong.

Donna

Ileostomy 11/11/2016 due to colon cancer

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
24/05/2017 12:03 am  

I'm going to have to get me a pack of Tic Tacs and try this out! LOL

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Cassoday12
(@cassie)
Registered
24/05/2017 3:31 am  

My husband couldn't stop laughing when I asked him to pick me up some tic tacs from the store yesterday and told him what I was going to do with them. I can't wait to try this, Lumpy gave me a little wiggle in anticipation of being minty fresh.

Susan and "Lumpy the happy dancing Stoma"👍😁

Susan Mueller

Pumbaa liked
ReplyQuote
Seeruth
(@seeruth)
Registered
30/05/2017 2:03 am  

I recently tried the Hollister M9 product and found it useless. I have since tried Stop Odor Plus which, while not perfect, is quite effective. I recommend it. 

(I've had an ileostomy for over 25 years.)

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
30/05/2017 2:05 am  
Posted by: Seeruth

I have since tried Stop Odor Plus which, while not perfect, is quite effective. I recommend it. 

(I've had an ileostomy for over 25 years.)

Glad you found something that works (even if just a little better)! 

Welcome to the forums!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register