19 Likes
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  
wpf-cross-image

Let's discuss the StealthBelt Pro!

Stealth Belt Pro

My full review for this product can be found by clicking on the link below.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

(@Amber)

Thank you for your review! :) It was really helpful.

ReplyQuote
(@Amber)

Thank you for your review! :) It was really helpful.

ReplyQuote
(@VeganOstomy)

Glad you liked it :)

ReplyQuote
(@VeganOstomy)

Glad you liked it :)

ReplyQuote
(@twogrim)

I have had mine for a year and a half and can say that it has held up well to daily wear. I am planning on buying a new one as mine is getting a little long in the tooth from being worn daily It still works perfectly but the fabric is starting to pill and the zipper gave up a while back. But neither one affects the functionality of it. I have met others that use tube tops and belly bands for the same affect but at a much reduced price, I have not tired them yet but may since they are under 10.00 and it might be nice to have a couple options that don't show thru light colored shirts. The biggest disservice that I have found is that no one told me about irrigation until I had my ostomy for over a year, a game changing event was being introduced to it, thanks again to my Auzzie friends who turned me onto it! It and the stealth belt make living with this almost painless!

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

That's awesome! I don't wear my Stealth Belt daily, so I do expect to last a very long time. If I could change one thing about it, it would be to have a zipper on the top too.

I also use maternity bands, but while they are cheaper, they don't have support on the bottom to keep the pouch from dangling, so if you're going with something like that, I'd recommend the Ostomysecrets Classic Wrap as it has a pocket to put your pouch into. I reviewed it recently if you're interested: https://www.veganostomy.ca/ostomysecrets-classic-wrap-review/

ReplyQuote
(@Richard)

From Stealth Belt: Thank you for your comments and suggestions. My goal is to help make the perfect product to help all of us who live with an ostomy have a better more productive lifestyle.
I have recently announced new tougher style belt which has the just completed the Worlds Toughest Mudder. It includes a protective and noise muffling layer.
We also make a vertical or diagonal style Stealth Belt so the bag can be worn vertical if preferred.
If you have a very liquid output it is always recommended to use a skin barrier ring to keep your skin healthy around the stoma. I would love to offer a new shipping option. Please send me your suggestions. Must include tracking from the U.S. to your address in Canada. I am happy to help. Richard - Designer and Wearer.

ReplyQuote
(@Abbas)

First of all, million thanks to you Richard and for Stealth Belt team.
I am about to order my Stealth belt pro. I've ileostomy, and ofcourse liquid output happens, actually that's is my main concern. I'm afraid that wearing the pouch horizontally will reduce my wear time, will it ?
Can I wear it diagonally ?
Looking for your reply.

ReplyQuote
(@Richard)

Hello Abbas, Your welcome. I am just happy to be out of the hospital and able to help others who have gone through the same type of surgery as I went through. Wearing your pouch in a horizontal position should not affect your wear time as long as you have a good seal around the stoma. ( If you do not then try a barrier ring to keep your skin healthy. When you sleep at night the pouch will most likely fall to the side anyway. The Stealth Belt helps to hold it in this position all the time to keep it nice and secure. The waist will stay in the bottom 3rd of the pouch when in the horizontal position. It is recommended to empty it when it 1/2 to 1/3 full by most doctors. We can make belts so the pouch can be worn diagonal or vertical if you prefer a specialty style.

ReplyQuote
(@Abbas)

Thanks for the quick reply
OK I'm convinced.

and, thanks again :)

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

I'm glad that Richard was able to help you; I don't find that my wear time is affected, but I do have thicker stool. Have you tried any gelling products for your liquid output? It'll help to thicken your output and make things a bit more manageable.

ReplyQuote
(@Abbas)

@VEGANOSTOMY
Couldn't reply to your comment directly, I think it got too much nested :)

Gelling, no, never heard of. can you guide me to a source to learn from ?

thanks for all of your reviews, really helpful.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Check this out: https://www.veganostomy.ca/guide-to-ostomy-gelling-products/

ReplyQuote
(@Abbas)

Just watched it, great :)
gonna order some.
Which product do you recommend?

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Try as many samples as you can. While the Convatec diamonds work for me, they are very expensive compared to other products; I'm sure you can find something as effective at a lower price.

ReplyQuote
(@Leighann)

Thanks for the honest review. I've been thinking about buying a Stealth Belt for a year but the cost scares me. If it's as good as Stealth Belt says it is, it's probably worth the money but I still have this nagging feeling that it won't work for me. That's a lot of $$$ to waste if it doesn't work.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Yes, the costs can be a bit prohibitive. Why do you feel that it won't work for you?

ReplyQuote
(@Richard)

Hello, I just wanted to mention we can easily add a zipper to the top of any belt for easier access. The cost of the belts average $90.00 and I expect them to last a Minimum of 3-6 months.
That is if you wear it 24 hours a day for all activities. The price works out to about .50 cents per day. Another thing to keep in mind, it will help fully support the weight of a the ostomy bag. This will help your flanges last longer and avoid skin irritation which can result form other wraps that apply only pressure to the bag. We all know how expensive ostomy supplies can be. Just by extending the life of your appliance by one day can add up to a huge savings. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Richard - Stealth Belt - Designer, Wearer, Surfer, Martial Artist, Dancer and more. Enjoy Life.

ReplyQuote
(@Lissa)

I would be curious to hear a review of the stealth belt from female wearers. I received mine about 1 1/2 months ago and it keeps moving around on me causing less wear time with the appliance as the pulling is removing my flange from the base at the top. Although with a bulging hernia where my stoma is, I may have so ordered the belt too large since I measured my waisine standing rather than laying down. That is something I will be recommending to the company to tell clients. With hips and a waist and a lower colostomy, it just doesn't stay in place.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4