Notifications
Clear all

A Different Ostomy Seal  

RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
November 5, 2019 3:57 pm  

Hi Folks, We are all familiar with seals/rings, they come in many brands and sizes. I use a ring to level out a dip around my stomach. I recently came across a new type of seal by Dansac called TRE Seal. So what’s different! Well the shape for a start it’s not round it wider at one side and also is formed from 3 layers which protect skin and absorb moisture. The ring is very easy to use not sticky on your fingers and can be cut or shaped like most seals. Dansac is a Uk company and I am not sure of availability in the US or Canada. But i think it’s worth looking into. I feel this would be great for a new ostomate as its so easy to use and for problematic leaks and broken skin.

http://www.dansac.com/en-gb/tretechnology

Marcie, SqueakyandLiza, Tony and 2 people liked
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
November 5, 2019 4:35 pm  

That sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing, John!

If anyone gets a chance to try these, I'd love to hear from your experience. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like something we can get here in Canada :(

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 16, 2019 3:46 pm  

Thanks John--I will try to get some--  a not getting around much = getting a roll around the naval area I am in need--sure seals rings and I have a battle as you know... :-)

Also gang-- need some prayers AGAIN-----------lumps in right breast and arm pit and kidneys r in bad shape--  Kidneys first--possible hospitalization to stable me-- ( ya holidays) Last time I spent 6 weeks in that place (2 different times) because they let me dehydrate so bad after Nellie arrived--now I am over fluid..  Tough call for the Doctors-- Tough on me!!  So damn confused..  So weak and so tired-in many ways--

Robert my friend from Calif.  Thanks for being there for me in all so many ways--Great man you are!!

Linda, thankyou for your kind words and time to p.m. me..

Healthy holidays to everyone.. Marcie..

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
November 16, 2019 5:06 pm  

Hi Marcie, These seals are very easy to use and pliable. Am sorry to hear that you have more health problems. Stay strong and our thoughts are with you.

ReplyQuote
Share: