Life with an ostomy can be either easy or a challenge depending on how you approach it.
Here is the presentation I gave during the Power of You Ostomy Education Seminar in Regina, Saskatchewan.
This video is part one of two, and the second will be a Q&A session with the audience who attended the event:
I’m joined by both Sheryl Walker (a stoma nurse) and Dr. Ryan Suri (General Surgeon) as we explore some these topics and more:
- My story with IBD.
- Coming to terms with my surgery.
- What life was like following my surgery.
- How I began advocating for others.
- Steps to becoming your own advocate.
- Questions that any ostomy patient should be asking their healthcare professional before and after surgery.