Back in June, I was invited to be on a panel for Shield HealthCare to discuss ostomy life. But I also had a chance to sit with one of my heroes for an interview.
(If you’d like a recap of my trip to Philadelphia for the WOCN 2018 Conference, check out THIS blog post.)
Laura Cox, Shield HealthCare’s Ostomy Lifestyle Specialist, asked me to sit with her to answer some questions about life before and after my Crohn’s diagnosis and ostomy surgery.
Shield HealthCare has published a video of this interview, which you can check out below.
Some of the topics we talk about in the interview include:
- My diagnosis of Crohn’s Disease.
- My initial thoughts about having ostomy surgery.
- Tips on how to live more positively with an ostomy.
- Some stereotypes of having an ostomy.
- My advice for new patients.
- How my advocacy journey began and the birth of VeganOstomy.
- My biggest accomplishments post surgery.
I want to thank Shield HealthCare for having me there, and Laura Cox for being such an amazing person.
Please visit Shield HealthCare’s OstomyLife website for more articles, videos, and interviews: http://www.shieldhealthcare.com/community/ostomylife/