Clear all

Wraps  

RSS

ArchieB
(@archieb)
Registered
March 6, 2020 9:52 am  

Hi All,

I've been reviewing Eric's product guides and reading posts on wraps etc, I was going to order a wrap from Ostomysecrets but they don't deliver to Canada. Does anyone know of a similar product I can get in Canada? They seemed like a really popular product.

john68
(@john68)
Registered
March 6, 2020 10:10 am  

Hi ArchieB, Google “ostomy clothing company Canada “ they seem to be in your neck of the woods. Plus Eric has a section which lists ostomy clothing suppliers.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ArchieB liked
ReplyQuote
ArchieB
(@archieb)
Registered
March 6, 2020 12:51 pm  

Hey John, 

I'm googling my brains out lol. I am a horrible clothes shopper to start with, I see so many options I'm scared to waste $$$ on something that I won't like but I guess I have to start somewhere. I was just hoping to start with the most popular one but since they do not ship here it raises my anxiety on picking something for fear of being wrong. Unlike clothes shopping you can't try something on before making the choice.

We have a good medical supply store here maybe the folks there can help me order something from past customers they serve. They seem like a really good source and stock lots of ostomy supplies.  

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
March 6, 2020 1:00 pm  

Hi Archie, if it’s just to hold the bag from flopping about I would go a large size, being so soon after surgery you are going to be a little tender. I know if it was ostomy guards they can put pressure on that’s not recommended post surgery. Plus remember you may gain some weight 👍

ArchieB liked
ReplyQuote
ArchieB
(@archieb)
Registered
March 6, 2020 1:33 pm  
Posted by: @john68

Hi Archie, if it’s just to hold the bag from flopping about I would go a large size, being so soon after surgery you are going to be a little tender. I know if it was ostomy guards they can put pressure on that’s not recommended post surgery. Plus remember you may gain some weight 👍

Yeah I'm just looking for something to keep the bag from flopping around mostly and provide it a bit of support as it's higher than my navel so it doesn't tug so much on the flange.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 6, 2020 2:04 pm  
Posted by: @archieb

Hi All,

I've been reviewing Eric's product guides and reading posts on wraps etc, I was going to order a wrap from Ostomysecrets but they don't deliver to Canada. Does anyone know of a similar product I can get in Canada? They seemed like a really popular product.

I really, really wish they would just start shipping to Canada already! I haven't found any local products that are as good as their wraps, but if you check out this page you can search for companies: https://www.veganostomy.ca/ostomy-clothing-manufacturers/

If you come across any news ones, please let me know! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ArchieB liked
ReplyQuote
ArchieB
(@archieb)
Registered
March 6, 2020 2:56 pm  

@veganostomy

Me too they are highly recommended, I actually contacted them via their online chat just to double check if they had Canadian distributors. They said no demand is just to high already for their products to keep up with. Funny thing is I live in Saskatchewan and our health region has a contract with Convatec so all the starter kits provided to me out of surgery are their products and Ostomysecrets site is affiliated with Convatec so I wonder if there is an angle there? Long shot likely just an advertising affiliation. 

I plan to ask my local supply store, they have a lady there who is really on the ball with all things ostomy including garment accessories so maybe she has a recommendation. I will for sure update the community if I find something.

ReplyQuote
ArchieB
(@archieb)
Registered
March 6, 2020 2:57 pm  

@veganostomy

Oh and your product reviews are the best Eric, with all the links you provide it's a super resource for folks.

ReplyQuote
glenn.giroir
(@glenn-giroir)
Registered
March 6, 2020 3:27 pm  

Too bad they don't ship to Canada.  I have three of their wraps and they are great.  I don't even feel the bag when I'm wearing the wrap. I use them for everything.  If it comes to it, maybe we could figure out how much shipping to you from me would be, and I could buy it and ship it to you.  That might get a bit pricey, though?  

Ulcerative Colitis (1995)
Permanent Ileostomy (2019)

Doing what it takes to enjoy life to its fullest.

ReplyQuote
ArchieB
(@archieb)
Registered
March 6, 2020 3:39 pm  
Posted by: @glenn-giroir

Too bad they don't ship to Canada.  I have three of their wraps and they are great.  I don't even feel the bag when I'm wearing the wrap. I use them for everything.  If it comes to it, maybe we could figure out how much shipping to you from me would be, and I could buy it and ship it to you.  That might get a bit pricey, though?  

Yeah that's exactly what I've read through all kinds of reviews. I'm sure there must be a similar alternative I'm almost going to make it a mission to find something. Thanks for the offer if I fail in my mission its something I'll definitely keep as a last resort option Glenn.

There is one from CSP that material wise looks very close and so far has my curiosity.

https://www.ostomycares.com/shop/protective-ostomy-belt-black-ostomycares/

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
March 6, 2020 3:57 pm  

Archie have you looked at Comfizz, they are a UK company but do international shipping 

ReplyQuote
glenn.giroir
(@glenn-giroir)
Registered
March 6, 2020 5:52 pm  

There is one from CSP that material wise looks very close and so far has my curiosity.

https://www.ostomycares.com/shop/protective-ostomy-belt-black-ostomycares/

That looks very similar and almost the same price.

Ulcerative Colitis (1995)
Permanent Ileostomy (2019)

Doing what it takes to enjoy life to its fullest.

ReplyQuote
ChrisandBagpus
(@chrisandbagpus)
Registered
March 7, 2020 5:44 am  

This might be of interest to some members for a cheaper alternative to the sealthbelt and comfort belt:

stomacarebelt a UK supplier do a very similar product to the comfort belt for around have the price and they do international shipping. There is at the time of posting a deal on ebay for £25 plus shipping ( stomacare-products) I have no connection with this company and is not an attempt to advertise other that the excellent service I received from the company, I just bought and paid for the product as the other mentioned above were just to expensive.

we had a confusion on which side to bag fitted in the belt compared to the stoma but they sent out an exchange the next working day so wasn't a problem.

Hope is might be of help for anyone on the forum after all we all have to look after the pennies!

Colostomy Jan 2020

ReplyQuote
ArchieB
(@archieb)
Registered
March 7, 2020 10:57 am  

@chrisandbagpus

That's a very reasonably priced belt I googled them and bookmarked the site they look good, I'll definitely keep them in mind. I called my insurance company and I'm covered for basically anything Ostomy related as long as the receipt outlines its for Ostomy use, they specifically told me the stealth-belt is 100% covered. For now I just wanted a wrap as they seem easiest to step into, and since my stoma is higher up I'm concerned how comfortable a belt vs wrap would be. 

ReplyQuote
Jattzl
(@jattzl)
Registered
March 7, 2020 1:34 pm  

I think every time I post I start with the same sentence - after a year of trial and error and $$$ I have a box of wasted belts, hernia belts, covers and on and on that I purchased trying to find something to hold the bag down both from flopping and also from sticking out at the top near my waist. Not attractive to say the least unless I wear loose maternity type clothes. Ugh  The simple inexpensive answer ended up being off brand light control high waist spanx at Walmart!  If solved all of my issues. They also hold my insulin pump. I don’t know what guys can do. But I’ll admit that I would buy them in like 3X haha. 

51 years Type 1 Diabetes, insulin pump, CGM, neurological complications, retinopathy, and autoimmune CIDP. Nerve damage led to ileostomy in 1/2015.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 9, 2020 11:18 am  

I actually contacted them via their online chat just to double check if they had Canadian distributors. They said no demand is just to high already for their products to keep up with

The idea of a company not wanting to sell more of their products is just a strange concept. I mean, it's not like Canada has a huge market, but there is enough demand to make their products available - and it's not like they'd have to handle all the extra customers since their distributor would. 

I mean, unless they can't physically keep up with the demand to make more wraps, I do think it would be worth their time to sell them here. 

But until that happens - let's continue to support Canadian companies who are selling similar products. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ArchieB liked
ReplyQuote
ArchieB
(@archieb)
Registered
March 10, 2020 10:43 am  
Posted by: @veganostomy

But until that happens - let's continue to support Canadian companies who are selling similar products. 

I agree 100%

ReplyQuote