Hello everyone!! The lounge is open!!!  

Page 18 / 25 Prev Next
  RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
January 5, 2018 10:08 pm  
Posted by: Zvitusk

Changing the subject,  I just made a big thick soup. 

That totally sounds like something I'd have! Can you post a new thread about it in the Food and Recipes section so we can discuss it! =)

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
January 5, 2018 10:18 pm  

Hi Bubbles, I see you !!!!!!!!!!  You drank all the white z'a at denny's last night.. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
January 6, 2018 11:35 pm  

How do I cut and paste my soup to the recipes forum?

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
January 7, 2018 1:56 am  

Morning Zvitusk, Go to Food and Recipes and give it a title. move into  the box for writing, High light what you want to post, click on the high lighted text with the right button on laptop or right on the mouse. move the cursor to where you want to place it, click again, top of the menu click paste. look at this link for help.

http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/MW/s3p2.html

The example technique 2 is the one I would use.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
January 8, 2018 5:24 am  
Posted by: john68

Morning Zvitusk, Go to Food and Recipes and give it a title. move into  the box for writing, High light what you want to post, click on the high lighted text with the right button on laptop or right on the mouse. move the cursor to where you want to place it, click again, top of the menu click paste. look at this link for help.

http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/MW/s3p2.html

The example technique 2 is the one I would use.

In case it was missed

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
January 8, 2018 9:47 pm  

Hello guys.. Been rather depressed lately......... The New Year has been a goofed up one it seems. Me and the car etc.. going to Dr, apts. on the wrong days.. etc.  but we have heat now..  Going to lunch with Nancy tomorrow -- we  met here on the blog.. We live only about 15 miles from each other--That should be nice.. Looking forward to that.  Having a heat wave- 31 degrees !!!!! :-) 

Good luck "z" tomorrow--be thinking of you and expecting great results.. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
January 8, 2018 10:12 pm  

Not tomorrow,  next Tuesday. 1/16.

Cheer up , it could have been worse .

What a dumb thought . Sorry that I quoted it. 

How about " the past is behind you, the future is a dream, NOW is a present  (as in 'a gift', appreciate it and say thank you. " 

Whatever gets you out of your blue funk.

You might try to cook up a big pot of soup. If you make it, give some to the hungry.

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
January 8, 2018 11:03 pm  

Your right, just down.. hate Nellie, etc.  :-(  But tomorrow will be 30 again, so it will be a nice day weather wise.. AND I am not going to infusion.. :-) 

We always give to the food pantry in town--more foods now as we cant work with it anymore.. Let the younger ones take charge, We just buy what they are low on every month.. And heating pricings for the family's that have babies.. elders like us.

Hey Robert, Nancy and I are going to meet at DENNY'S......... tomorrow.. 

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
January 9, 2018 10:59 am  

Hope you're feeling better, Marcie.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
January 9, 2018 7:07 pm  

Eric, I feel like just curling up with a BIG box of wine, and watch old movies for ever and ever..  But got a busy week with Doctor appointments. Sure not in the mood for them either!! But got my note pad filled with MY info.  and MY questions that I have prepard for weeks now (watch me forget them)  I am to the point person (as always) and with them now and not in the mood with their text book crap.. My mind is all over the place except where it should be.. These past few weeks and that makes me mad at me.. too!!  I think that the - 20 degrees got to me is all.. But it got into late 30's degrees today-so that was nice.. Never thought that I would say that..  How do u live with that artic cold anyways Eric??????? My cat is acting up scratching up my white couches, (he never did that before) and I am up swatting at all him all night..  basement when I catch him!! and trust me it has been a chase.. My merry men here in human form are still at me about the car issue.. last week-- Got to find them something else for them to worry about and yak about--I mean IT IS OVER. Maybe Let them know that I want to paint the guest room over..  That should shift their minds huh?  And they know that I am using the wrong pro-noun "I" it will be one of the them.. :-)  We woman have our ways to deal with such huh?????? And I still hate Nellie today! Putting a pretty dress on her today and all she did was spit !!!!!!!!!! I am living with a bunch of fuss bitches........ Off I go to get the paint color slabs... :-)  ------------------------------------- and stupid infusions.  Hugs, M.

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
January 9, 2018 8:27 pm  

Marcie , 

have your doc check your B-12 levels . Mind fog is a very big symptoms . With  malabsorption issues you nay be low . Ask about shots giving in butt cheek  work best .

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
January 9, 2018 8:45 pm  

I get B-12 shots every month --( I have an inhertated problem the past 35 years) the last one was last week.. This is just to keep me on a normal basis.. but now YOU may be right.. Gonna hit pavement with new blood work later for other issues.. So much work being a Dr. to go to the Dr. huh?????  Hard being an Ostomate and trying to tell the Doctors what YOU know and what THEY must know..  OR, at least look into it.......... It is only blood work........ Got to up it a notch!! Going to my lung Dr.--thought that I cancled that-- nope!! do I have to go--got copd, and haven't really stopped smoking.. gonna get yelled at, if so? I am out.. find another Dr.  Got the "dirty look" last time.. as if he is so perfect............ but the way I feel now this week? I will tell him how I feel with his reactions and kindly work and understand me.. sick of being yelled at.. South Amercia here I come.. Nellie has to come too- unfortuantly......  Another bag check huh???? I will snap out of it.. To many Doctors this week and infusions 3x a week.. Just feel cornered............. and no help--

But bubbles, I will have this checked out--Your right.. Things are un-blanced.. and once one thing goes off it is whirl wind for us......... So much to learn............ Now where is that box of wine??????????? Want to join me bubbles?  White "z" :-) see u at the lounge..

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
January 9, 2018 11:37 pm  

Marcie make sure they put shot in your butt muscle or second choice is the thigh muscle . Never arm the myscle there is too small. You need a large muscle to store the B-12 to last a month by slow.y releasing it . My hemotologist told me this . 

Tony H liked
ReplyQuote
nancyab
(@nancyab)
Registered
January 10, 2018 11:31 am  

Marcie and I had our own ostomy meeting yesterday afternoon at Dennys. It was great to get to actually meet someone face to face and talk about all the issues we as ostomites share. Marcie was very helpful and knowledgeable - I'm fairly new at this. My surgery was 1/19/2017 so it was great be able to talk with someone who "has been there" rather than friends and relatives with whom it is not comfortable to discuss or even admit to the type of surgery we've had. I'm planning to attend the group meeting where she goes in West Hartford once the days lengthen and it's lighter longer. Don't like to drive when it's dark. 

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
January 10, 2018 3:02 pm  

Nancy , i have to agree with you about the importance of talking face to face with a fellow ostomate. I am a member of two ostomate groups.  One, the Anne Arundel Ostomy Association,  meets monthly  and is full of wonderful people who share common solutions to an uncommon situation. After much personal aggrevation,  Sima and I traveled 45 miles to Annapolis to find this group of  NICE people who are so different from us and yet are so similar. 

Then, we discovered that the Greater Baltimore Ostomy Association. This group is more educational than social. We meet 4 -5 times a year with guest speakers who relate their experiences and introduce products. 

All in all, I need both types plus Eric's VeganOstomy forums and informative videos. 

Knowledge is Power. 

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
January 10, 2018 7:34 pm  

Bubbles, first off, I don't have a butt,,,,,,,,,,,, :-) When I gave myself these shots, I did in thigh or arm but with short needle.. That was wrong needle!!  a longer needle.. They give me the B-12 in the upper arm which has a more sturdy harder mussel.. So far during the past 38yers  my level of B-12 is normal Re: blood work.. ( I think someone likes your butt :-)    )I went to upper GI diteation today, we discussed this-- more proper extenseive blood work will be done for this--   Along with ----------It is written that I have a high pain level and NOT text book which makes it harder for the Dr. to proper digeonse -sp-me- AS when I get to the hospital I am truly a mess and total confuseing to the all Doctors..(love that excuse) I or NO ONE should be going to infusion for 12-14 pounds of fluids every week either..  I will be tested for IBS (special diet for the next 2 weeks ) :-(  and Celiac disease.. (my sisters son has this from age 18 poor kid huh?) And deffentaly have malabsorption.. (no kidding) She gave me her e-mail address for questions as she said I will have question.. AND I DO !!! (for the diet issue anyways) IF I have to go through this, Do it right or not at all I say. OR got to do it over again.. Says that I have to just eat 1/4 cup of potatoes, 1/2 cup of this and that etc.  I will starve for sure..  But I am not dong this for losing weight so maybe I can eat more..?? shall see.. Start next week when I get the proper foods in the house.. I cancled my lung Dr. for tomorrow, don't feel like getting yelled at and told them that.. :-) This week has been nothing but abuse to myself it seems, I left my purse at infusion today also-- But it is winter, so might as well go through tests and diets etc.. and have the spring and summer to myself right?  BUT THE GREAT THING WAS:  ****************

I had lunch with Nancy, and Denneys and what a delight that was.  I am so tall and she so cute and short..  Reminded me of my sweet mom.. 

Nancy, It was a nice 3 hours we spent together and interesting to meet you.. I am pleased that I could help you.. Still if any support in any way-not a problem, even if you just want to talk in person and get out of the house..  I find this is a must !!  Also, I think your doing GREAT in such a short amount of time.  A heck better than I did.. Your on your way as a  healthy Ostomate.. Yes, I will bring you as my guest this spring to our meeting and glad that you enjoyed our by-monthly news letter. And some other information that I gave you and samples pouches.. 

********thanks again Bubbles for your support.. you may opened my mind that SOMETHING else is wrong or going wrong and I am on it..  Sometimes I just don't want that other shoe to drop.. I have spent a few years ducking them but that is getting old and me more tired....... I am sure things will  be fine.. I'm a tough Swedish gal........... But I don't want to be my own worst enemy either.......... Kinda done in being a proud owner of my Nellie........... :-)

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
January 11, 2018 6:15 pm  

Well now, Where is Felicity? and Barbara?  They have the key for the lounge and there is along line waiting........ Hope you two are doing O.K.  

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
January 12, 2018 12:17 pm  

Yes Marcie they are both being very quite . Hope all is well .

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
January 12, 2018 4:38 pm  

I know that Barbara loves elephants......... Maybe she is out on a safri .......?????  Come on out from the brush Barb !!! 

Felicity? Hope your O.K.  We need some in put of your recovery......  You had a rough time there!! 

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
January 13, 2018 5:06 pm  

Hello Barbara . I need someone to share the Uber fair with me to pickup some Grand slams from Denny's :-) are you available ? Haven't seen ya on here hope you are doing ok .

Edited: 3 months  ago

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Page 18 / 25 Prev Next

Working

Please Login or Register