Hello everyone!! The lounge is open!!!

597 Posts
19 Users
261 Likes
166.9 K Views
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Wow, Barbara! My God. I'm glad you're OK. 

I don't know if you've mentioned this before or if the conversation ever came up, but have you tried fecal transplants? It's one of the only highly effective treatments for c-diff, and I don't recall if you've done it already. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Hi Barbara, You have certainly being through the mill, wishing you all the very best and better times are ahead.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)

Thanks for your thoughts Eric. It has been a rough month in a pretty rough two years. When I think of what you've been through however I don't feel so bad. Think I'm making good progress. Since I am now and iliostomate instead of a colostomate I do feel so far like it is going to be easier to take care of even though it has to be emptied more often. I've had a long hard fight with dehydration I know I'm going to have to start paying extra attention. As far as the fecal transplant they did run on me in April and it failed fairly quickly. I was hoping that it was going to be the end of things but it wasn't. I was not a candidate for a second one and so the determination was removal of the rest of my colon was the safest thing to preserve my life. They felt another bout of c-diff would probably kill me. All that time that I had c-diff I didn't really realize how serious it was it was like it was a nuisance. Anyway thanks again for your wishes talk to you again soon

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)

Thanks John

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)

Hey there Barbara glad to see you back . Hope you are doing well .

Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)

Things are improving slowly. Yesterday in therapy I walked a hundred and sixty eight feet. Considering last week it took two men and a small boy to get me out of bed progress is being mde. Barbara

john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Well done Barbara, Every journey starts with just one step :-) 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
(@zvitusk)

Dear Barbara, 

BRAVO!

Z

P.S. MY WIFE GOT ME A FITBIT WATCH KNOCKOFF FOR $34.

I AM PASSING 3,000 STEPS DAILY.

SOON YOU WILL ,TOO.

Z

I am so excited for you,  that I am shouting in caps. 

ReplyQuote
(@bubbles)

Awesome Barb soon you will  walk the mall that's always a fun way to get the steps in . 

Big hugs , Bubbles 

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)

Hello Barbara,

Way to go.  A step at a time and progress will be made.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
Raine
(@raine)

Way to go Barb!

Raine

ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Zvitusk and Barb...I like caps! They are a great way to express!  Barb, you will get there.  After my year in hospital, just going to the end of our driveway was a chore. It's short! I had no hospital therapy, just said...you get to go home tomorrow! I was itching to get  out of there.  I could not open a can of soup my first day home! I was amazed at how weak I had become when I thought I was already weak  at the start.  You just take all the time you need and do not push yourself too hard Lady! Your are okay so far!  Remember that.  I was only on the verge of death three times, and each day, no matter how I felt I would say...I'm okay so far.  This is still my go to self encouragement!  You can use it if you wish!

Keep us up to date Barb, we are a interested in your progress...good or  ***!

Linda

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Topic starter  

Well, Barb is typing away-- so that is good news!! so she is back to almost normal.. AT THE LOUNGE!! AND SHE GETS THE PURPLE CHAIR !!!! And the grand slams on a silver platter!! 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

Zvitusk reacted
ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)

Linda, thanks for the encouragement.  I will get there, I WILL go home. I WILL BE OK.  That's my mantra right now. Walked over 200 feet yesterday and I will go further today!!!

Zvitusk reacted
ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)

Thanks Marcie.  Hmmm Grand Slam on a silver platter.. can hardly wait to see that one!!!

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)

Thanks Marcie.  Hmmm Grand Slam on a silver platter.. can hardly wait to see that one!!!

ReplyQuote
Page 30 / 30