(@rick)
Registered
Topic starter  

Anyone with stoma get the vaccine yet?

shortnsweet
(@shortnsweet)
Registered

Hi Rick,

Had my first dose on March 4th with no issues. 2nd shot is due next week. I expect a headache and probably some aches and pains. I have not heard of anyone with a stoma having any problems. Have you?

LLNorth, Tigerlily, john68 and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

I plan to get it as soon as it's available. I know someone with a stoma who is scheduled to have their first shot very soon. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Tigerlily, john68 and LK liked
ReplyQuote
winnie
(@winnie)
Registered

Had my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine about a week and a half ago.  Only side effect was a rather sore arm.

No noticeable change to my stoma.

-Jon

Tigerlily, john68, LK and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
rosepritchard
(@rosepritchard)
Registered

Hi Rick

Yes - had my first dose 6th February (the Astra Zeneca one) with the second scheduled for 24th April. No problems at all with the first dose - just a huge sense of relief!

Rose

Rose
ileostomy December 2019

ReplyQuote
glenn.giroir
(@glenn-giroir)
Registered

I've had both doses of the Moderna vaccine.  The first made me tired and achy for about 2 days, but nothing worse than what I've had from flu shots.  The second just made my arm a bit stiff.  

Ulcerative Colitis (1995)
Permanent Ileostomy (2019)
Doing what it takes to enjoy life to its fullest.

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered

I just had my first dose of Pfizer. Yay!!  Originally my group wouldn’t have been until April 12 but our governor added anyone with a disability which would make it worse if you get Covid, to the group that started Wednesday. Did I just benefit from having Crohn’s?  I think so!!  😀

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

@squeakyandliza...this is is good to hear!

I have a blood clotting issue & feel a tad concerned about the one that folks felt caused blood clots. I see my GP next week to remove that nasty toe nail for the 3rd time & this time the nail bed & applied Phenol to hopefully prevent it growing back, so I'll talk to him about my concerns then.  But if anyone else has this problem & has had the shot I'd love it if you could share your experience. 

Linda

Tigerlily liked
ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered

no sign of vaccines for my group yet in Ireland , Northern Ireland (UK ) are doing way better , their leadership did really well and obtained a good supply while the European Union dithered , well done Boris (for this anyway) we might get shots by July but no preference given to Chronies or UC sufferers . 

LK, Tigerlily and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered

Tony is right in what he says, plus we have seen the vaccine been used as a political tool. We are now into the over 50s I am booked for the 31st March with the second dose 9th June. Hopefully the powers that be get matters sorted. Stay safe.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK, Tigerlily, VeganOstomy and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered

@john68

John, do you know which vaccine you will be getting. Here in the states, they say you should get the Pfizer second dose in 3 weeks and Moderna in 4 weeks, after the first dose. 

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

LK liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered

@tony-h

Hang in there, Tony!!  In the US, every state is a little different as far as deciding who is eligible to get the vaccine. Here in Washington state, on March 17, the governor added people with a disability that would make getting Covid more problematic. Crohn’s falls into that criteria, so I got my first shot and can get the second after April 9. 

I hope Ireland gets with the program for you!!

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

LK, Tigerlily and Tony H liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered

Hi Liza, I don’t know which one the centre will be using until I arrive. Happy with any of the vaccines. 😀

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK, Tigerlily and Tony H liked
ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered

delighted for you John , at least now there is light at the end of the tunnel ,

I'm  going to be continuing on my exploration of this wonderful island of ours when we open up again ,

I got most of the west coast done last year when we opened up briefly  , we packed up the picnic basket (like Yogi Bear ) and did long day trips , this time hopefully we will able to explore your neck of the woods and stay overnight  , stay safe .

LK, Tigerlily and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
dogtalkerer
(@dogtalkerer)
Registered

Tony H, you could have my vaccine.  at present, I don't plan to get vaccinated.  I might have already had covid.

I know many who had that flu and it was much like a typical flu.  many don't get tested,  so numbers reported have huge errors. 

Tony H liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: @dogtalkerer

I might have already had covid.

The CDC says that you still should get vaccinated even if you already had it.

Posted by: @dogtalkerer

I know many who had that flu and it was much like a typical flu.

We unfortunately lost a relative overseas, and have an uncle here who it took quite a few months to recover. 

While some people may get mild symptoms, the lasting effects may not be known for years. 

If you have access to the vaccine, it's worth getting the vaccine. 👍

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Jeff, LK, Tony H and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered

@veganostomy

Eric, I’m sorry for your loss. 

I agree that not enough is known about the lasting effects of Covid to take it lightly. I saw one of my doctors today and he was very concerned about me, given the combination of having Crohn’s and using Humira. And how he explained it to me if the vaccine won’t prevent you from getting Covid, but lowers the chances of dying from it. 

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

LK, Tony H, john68 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Registered

@dogtalkerer Those who get Covid with symptoms as mild as the seasonal flu are the lucky ones. There is a staggering number (and climbing) of the not so lucky ones. 

Laurie

Just a semicolon

Jeff, LK, Tony H and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Registered

@veganostomy Sorry to hear about your relatives, Eric. This virus is such a beast! I agree with you that getting the vaccine is something we can do, not only for ourselves, but for the larger community. 

Laurie

Just a semicolon

Jeff, LK, Tony H and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered

I am very thankful and appreciative that I was able to get the vaccine, both doses. No effect at all on my stoma, or digestion. I had no side effects after the first; after the second I had a headache before bed (but slept fine) and until early afternoon the next day. For that I took a tylenol and drank plenty of fruit juice mixed with water.

My mother, who is elderly, has been quite isolated for the past year, but it was a good decision. At least three of her friends have caught the Covid and died. She has stayed healthy (except for the not-unexpected infirmities and limitations of age).

Colostomy 4/30/18.
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

LK, Tony H, SqueakyandLiza and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2