Notifications
Clear all

Good for a chuckle

SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
Topic starter  

Hi all,

So, my husband and I laugh a lot. We have a lot of inside jokes and enjoy teasing each other. 

Today I poked me head in the door while he was in the bathroom and exclaimed, “your poop comes out of your butt??!!  Oh my god, that is gross!!”

He got a pretty good laugh out of it. Feel free to try this on your loved ones. 😂

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

sjlovestosing, LK, VeganOstomy and 4 people liked
glenn.giroir
(@glenn-giroir)
Registered

I saw my Dr the other day and he told me that if I don't take care of my chronic illness, I may have to have my stoma removed and be fitted with a permanent anus!  

Ulcerative Colitis (1995)
Permanent Ileostomy (2019)
Doing what it takes to enjoy life to its fullest.

GoatHerder, sjlovestosing, LK and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Being a joker is one of the reasons why I was able to accept my surgery and move forward so quickly. No doubt that things become harder if you can't laugh at the situation from time to time.  

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

GoatHerder, sjlovestosing, LK and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @veganostomy

Being a joker is one of the reasons why I was able to accept my surgery and move forward so quickly. No doubt that things become harder if you can't laugh at the situation from time to time.  

Me too, Eric. With all I’ve been through I would be a mess if I couldn’t laugh at things. 

This is my new bag to carry a change of clothes and my emergency kit. Any Friends fan will understand. 😂 My hubby and I are Friends super fans and have lots of ongoing Friends jokes between us. 

1616701801-FDCBBF54-5DBA-4DAF-A3A2-A9CEB70BA532.jpeg

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

@squeakyandliza... FRIENDS was  well enjoyed show in our home too. The bag is perfect! 

You guys I so agree, a sense of humour & the ability to laugh at our circumstance is a key to getting through the weird & wonderful we all face!

Linda

ReplyQuote
ChrisandBagpus
(@chrisandbagpus)
Registered

Don't understand you guys. this is a serious matter you no. Its very hard living with Bagpus who is a bully and always wants to be in charge.

Why did I not get $5 million from revmorgangodbless now that would have put a smile on my face.

I was offered several hundred million from the president of some country's wife but my bank account couldn't handle all the digits most of them fell off the end :cry: 

Colostomy Jan 2020

LK and SqueakyandLiza liked
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered

@squeakyandliza

Believe it or not, I never watched Friends, though my kids did. I'm not into modern situation comedies, I guess I'd rather read, but I do love your tote! 

I agree, if you can't laugh at the situation or yourself, it's hard to get through life. As I told my friends when I first came out of the hospital, "Now the old bag wears a bag". It never failed to lightened the mood. 

God bless,

Stella

LK and SqueakyandLiza liked
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered

At my most recent colonoscopy: The nice attending nurse wheeled the gurney with me on it into the procedure room. I transferred myself onto the table and then the nurse in charge in that room said, briskly, “now, turn over on your side.” What? I explained, “I have had a colostomy. I have a stoma.” She looked like I was speaking in Martian. “That is where they go in for a colonoscopy. On my stomach.” 

She must have decided to wing it. “Well, turn over on your side, anyway. Sometimes they like to scope both ends.” I started laughing and said that they were going to have to trust me on this one, there is no way any scope is getting in from behind, and explained a little more. That made her cranky; she said to the attending nurse, “You didn’t tell me about this.” The attending nurse answered apologetically, “I have never taken care of a patient with one before.”

I thought this was quite funny - but will comment here that this was in a specialty department where they do these all day, every day - what in the world?????!!!!!

Colostomy 4/30/18.
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Registered

@llholiday This kind of reminds me of the scene in Catch 22 when Yossarian, in the hospital, watches a nurse switch the full output bag for the empty input bag (and vice versa) on another patient’s IV pole. Yossarian screams - the only possible sane reaction.

Laurie

Just a semicolon

LK and LLNorth liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
Topic starter  

@llholiday

that is funny!!  I still get it from both ends. I always try to warn Squeaky in advance what is going to happen. 😂

Right after my original surgery, I had a home nurse coming in 3x a week to change the wound vac dressing. Sometimes she would bring a trainee with her who would usually ask the standard questions. It always made me laugh when they asked when my last bowel movement was. I usually said, probably now.  😂

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

LK and LLNorth liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

@chrisandbagpus...lol, I think we all would have loved the money from the ¿ Rev.??? Morgangodbless, !  I think we should be saying God blessed us with enough brains & knowledge to recognize a scam for a scam.    

Yes,  a River cruise is on my list when I'm rich & a very long walk on all of Hawaiis beautifull beaches for me... as well as a nice long visit to Sanibel Island.... very deep sigh! 

It's so good to hear the tell all stories in this forum.  Laughter  truly is  the Best 💊 Medicine in so many ways. It even helps you 💤 sleep  better. 

Linda

ReplyQuote