Community Forums

C-Diff cure  

Page 1 / 3 Next
  RSS

Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
April 10, 2018 9:15 pm  

Not too long ago I mentioned I had C-Diff for the 5th time.  They decided the strain I have has morphed into one that the usual antibiotics don't work on. I got a lot worse on Sunday and Monday.  My GI  doc put me back in hospital and the plan is to do a Fecal Transplant tomorrow.  It has a 95% success rate. Please cross anything you can that it works for me.  Sounds weird and gross. A real "ookie" factor here, but I am so much into being done with this bug that I have gotten past it.  So busy as we have "butt in the front" club, Eric's  "no colon still rollin" for ostomates I have now opened the door for whatever "crap" jokes hit your fancy. As I am in need of much laughter ... take your best sbot!! 😉 thanks in advance for Good thoughts,  Barbara and Stella.

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

john68 and Dona liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
April 10, 2018 9:24 pm  

Believe it or not, a fecal transplant is probably the ONLY reliable treatment left for C. Diff! Best of luck to you, Barbara!! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Dona liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
April 10, 2018 10:01 pm  

Barbara,

This sounds like a really great choice for you. They have learned a lot about this treatment in the last several years too.  Like Eric said, highly effective and your REALLY don't want to keep fighting this bad beastie.

Not gross at all in my book. Worse would be not using a treatment like this and staying sick. 

Best wishes ...

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
April 10, 2018 10:25 pm  

Thanks to both of you.  The 95% success rate is a great incentive along with the fact that I am playing with fire to have it over and over again! Thanks again

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

ReplyQuote
Kerby
(@lkerby33)
Registered
April 10, 2018 10:49 pm  

Barb?  You are an awesome Lady. I've enjoyed your humor and strength. You are one tough Cookie.. As I go to bed tonight,  my prayers  are with you. God Bless. 

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
April 10, 2018 11:52 pm  

Thanks Kerby. Prayers are always the best.

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
April 11, 2018 12:18 am  

Very high success rate Barb . Don't worry all will be fine . Praying you will finally get relief. 

Big hugs , Bubbles 

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
April 11, 2018 12:56 am  

Thanks Bubbles. Is there anything bettrr than hugs and Prayers??  Don't think so. 

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
April 11, 2018 5:07 am  

Barbara the very best

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Malsgal86
(@malsgal86)
Registered
April 11, 2018 11:03 am  

Prayers for you.

God when you choose to leave mountains unmovable oh give me the strength to sing it is well with my soul

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
April 11, 2018 11:46 am  

They should re name this a MICRO BIOME TRANSPLANT .. more to the point anyway.

I am thinking of you today, Barbara! 

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
April 11, 2018 2:16 pm  

I agree with Dona -- Barb.  IT is NOT gross..  IT is a life of ours that need help in any way we can get it.. IF I had to get a transplant, I would opt for this type.. No cutting.. :-) 

This C-Diff of yours is just to much-- I think it may work for you !!  Shy?  Because your getting it early and it is so active.. Time to get the big guns out!! 

So, your getting a new friend !!!!! Hoe this is a keeper for ya!! :-) Your doing it naturally!!

Good luck!!!! talk about recyables -sp-  huh????????? :-)

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
April 11, 2018 3:04 pm  

Thanks a bunch.  I liked your name for it.  Not so "ookie"

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
April 11, 2018 4:27 pm  

Sounds kike a real blast Barb !!!!!!!!!!  Is this your form of your puff the magic dragon ??? :-)  Let it all soak in brave heart !!!!!!! 

see got ya !!!!!!!!!! Keep smiling!!!!!!!! :-)  

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
April 11, 2018 11:06 pm  

I know your having a hard time tonight.. So, just take the time that is needed for this procedure.. Even if it takes days for the clean out.. In my heart, I feel this will work for you in  the end.. No butts about it..:-)  

Try to relax, your in there now and this so called project will be over with soon.  You have been through worse.. 

As Bubbles remains with her prayers, I also join her too.  Keep that smile :-)  Marcie.

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
April 12, 2018 9:46 am  

Thank you so much,  you're right really rough night

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
April 12, 2018 3:40 pm  

Hello Barbara,

I hope you are feeling better now I am sorry it was miserable. ( I am hoping WAS is the correct word here).

When you get some distance on this it would be both interesting and helpful if you could post something about the experience.

All the Best.

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
April 12, 2018 4:26 pm  

Hi Barbara I'm a couple days late seeing your post here about the Fecal Transplant and when you were having it done . Hope it all went well for you and it helps you . Remember it will work out in the end ! Sorry butt you said you were ready for the dumb comments . Lol . Really do hope you are doing well . Wish you the best ....

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
April 12, 2018 7:41 pm  

Thanks Dona. O was planning on doing a post . O know there are a lot of us who ha e suffered eith C-Diff for a long time. I will let you know how it worked . At the moment I am on diladid for pain so I am a bit wonky.  They but took out the NG TUBE and that is heaven.  More later. Barbara and Stella.

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
April 12, 2018 7:44 pm  

They finished about an hour ago. I really enjoy crappy puns, butt more on that later.  🤣

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3 Next
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register