Notifications
Clear all

Black Friday

5 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
(@john68)
Topic starter  

Hi Folks, Its the biggest shopping day of the Year. We over here have only been introduced to Black Friday about 5 years ago. So its a day of bad car parking, long queues and general madness. So why not go online easy!! Most of you may already know Erics work can benefit from shopping online with Amazon and clicking the link for Vegan Ostomy. For those that don't you can find the details at "Support my work" This applies at any time of the year. We all see how this site benefits so many so save the hassle and make a difference at the same time. :-D 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

VeganOstomy reacted
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Hi John,

We have Black Friday here, but I do not participate in the madness! I  shop our  local "mom and pop" stores during the holidays- especially my daughter's bookshop. I love going to this little second hand shop that has china, jewelry, clothing, books, etc. as well as baked goods, jams, homemade dolls and other crafts.  My family doesn't mind having second hand gifts since most things in this shop are in mint condition.

I did buy one thing online for my daughter. When she was 3 years old, she lost a beloved Strawberry Shortcake doll(which was very popular here in the States during the 1980's) that was given to her for her 1st birthday by my brother and wife. I looked everywhere for another one, but couldn't find it. They now have a 35th anniversary Strawberry Shortcake doll for sale but it doesn't look like the original. Anyway, long story short, I found my daughter's doll on Ebay. When I received the package the other day, I knew this was her doll - it was like seeing an old friend after many years separation. I have a feeling that my granddaughter will be confiscating the doll, but I know that my daughter  (who is now 38 years old) will be thrilled to be "reunited" with an old, beloved friend.

Happy Shopping!

Stella

john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john68)
Topic starter  

Hi Stella, that’s brilliant, asked my wife about the Strawberry shortcake doll and she said she had one as well 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Thanks for bringing this up, John. I hate to do it myself! LOL

I don't like to encourage mindless spending (like most Black Friday/Cyber Monday shoppers seem to do), but I do have a wish list of stuff that I check in on to see if I'm able to save money on these days. Picked up a nice headlamp and was able to get back close to $50 on a backpack I bought earlier this month just because it was on sale and they priced matched it for me :)

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

I was going through old threads looking for the amazon links and came across this one. My sister and I both had Strawberry Shortcake dolls as kids. They smelled like strawberry shortcake and when they were wrapped under the tree, our dog kept sniffing at those presents. Should have been a giveaway. ?

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

Tony reacted
ReplyQuote