"Article 13" - How European laws could impact all of the internet

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Hey folks. Something has come across my radar that, if pass, can have a profound impact on any form of online advocacy and content creators like me. 

More info:  https://www.youtube.com/saveyourinternet/

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

(@john68)

Hi Eric, The innocent suffer with the guilty!! This type of law is typical of the E.U. So Vegan Ostomy wont be able to reach its members in Europe that is awful. Its up to us all to sign and object. Is their any way Eric to have a link on the site members can sign so that your objections can be reinforced

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Google Article 13 YouTube, and follow the links to sign the petition 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: john68

So Vegan Ostomy wont be able to reach its members in Europe that is awful.

If it passes, you likely won't be able to get content from any advocate, including me - at the very least, on all of the major platforms like Facebook or YouTube. 

The issue is that even if someone decides to put up an educational video that contains no copyright materials, the platform as a whole gets punished for any infringement - so they have no choice but to shut down all videos or posts. 

It's crazy to think that a law like this could even pass the first reading, but they are moving to the next step, which is scary in an of itself. 

This is targeting people living in the E.U, but as we know, the internet is a global technology, so this will hurt everyone if passed. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote