Clear all

Love/hate 2018

8 Posts
7 Users
7 Likes
Raine
(@raine)
Topic starter  

It occurred to me yesterday what a love/hate relationship I have with 2018.  My mother-in-law passed in February of copd complications.  I had ostomy surgery in April. Then I lost my job in October in a mass layoff.  On the bright side I feel better than I have in years, added a new pup to the mix and spent lots of time with the grands this summer .  

There are still some days I'm amazed I have survived it...

Raine

LK and john68 reacted
(@john68)

Hi Raine, You sure have had a lot to deal with. Looking back does on events we have no control on only brings up more problems. Good health is something that cannot be bought, and every day is a new chance or opportunity 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: Raine

On the bright side I feel better than I have in years,

I feel that this is what matters most. 

Those life events are all difficult, and many will take several years to overcome, but surviving through all that makes you more resilient. Congrats! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)

You are so right, Raine,

Keeping a positive attitude and being happy with things overall is they only way to go. I think most of us are at a low point when we get surgery. Life  throws stuff at us and our families . Good heath and a puppy are always things to celebrate.

I remember a song with the line:

Everything is heavy when you are loosing your grip.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Raine...I really understand all of that.  You just hang on tight. When I have felt like that,  I really start looking at the little things to be grateful for. This has helped in the past and it still does to this day. We are such an open group here, it seems we can talk about anything and that is so good. Adding a new puppy is lways something wonderful, and being able to see that light at the end of the tunnel even better! Knowing what you went through and survived it all is a wonderful thing too. You are so strong to be able to see that part of it. I think most of us take one day at a time and face it all pretty much head on without running from the challenge. You are doing great, keep it up, and love those grands even more and kiss the puppy back! Smiles forever!

Linda

ReplyQuote
Raine
(@raine)
Topic starter  

The funny thing is that losing my job has turned out to be a good thing.  I've done a lot of healing mentally and physically since then.   :-)  

Thanks for the good wishes and advice.  Hugs to you all!

Raine

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Hi Raine,

I couldn't agree more with what everyone is saying. I realize that it can be hard sometimes, but a good attitude greatly helps. For me, it is my help and faith in God Who is my father, brother, and friend. Without Him and loving family and friends, I couldn't have come as far as I have. Also, it is very true that when a door closes, God opens a window for us. It's possible that you needed this time "off" from work to truly heal. There may be a better job for you in the near future.

Stella

ReplyQuote
(@zvitusk)

Hey, I am alive!!!

THANK YOU, GOD,  FOR MY LIFE!

Z

P.S.  nothing else is important enough in comparison. 

LK reacted
ReplyQuote