Community Forums

Want to join the forums? Register HERE for instant access.

Already have an account? Login below:

Silicone stoma paste  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Trusted Member
16/11/2017 3:48 pm  

Tony I thought the gel went under the wafer around stoma not inside on stoma . Interesting. Is that how the manufacturer recommends it ? 

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Estimable Member
16/11/2017 3:57 pm  

hey Bubbles , yes the manufacturers recommend that you use it around the stoma but I saw a review and the person reviewing it had problems with it staying stuck to the skin so she recommended using it to fill in any gaps if you cut the baseplate too generously ,

heres a link to her review 

https://youtu.be/IWncQFX_Nbo

i dont think i will be using it normally because i really dont need it 

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Noble Member
16/11/2017 4:02 pm  

thread? 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Estimable Member
16/11/2017 4:07 pm  

hey Marcie  , a single conversation is called a "thread"  , forums in general have jargon and a "thread" is one of the terms used .

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Noble Member
16/11/2017 4:13 pm  

Tony, When I gave some advise about cutting the ring in half, u said that it was working for you-- Still doing that with the seal ring? 

I ordered some samples of the PROCETIVE seal from coloplast.  They are a good 6 months new.  Told me that the ekin seals that I use, SOAK up the liquid, the PROCETIVE seals GUIDE the output away.. Shall see huh?? 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Estimable Member
16/11/2017 4:34 pm  

what im doing with the seals Marcie is attaching them to the baseplate rather than to the skin directly  , im not cutting them in half , 

the new coloplast seals are supposed to be really good , all you do is stretch them around the stoma and they then shrink back around the stoama and form a good seal and from viewing Erics review of them they release a lot easier and dont leave a residue  , hope they work well for you, 

we cant even but them here in Ireland yet but when they do become available I will be getting them 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Noble Member
16/11/2017 5:11 pm  

Oh yes, the base plate.. YEs, I always did that from the beginning. to messy with active Nellie-- so it was hit of miss-but I always hit..  Most people do that.. and figure it out with the removable flap to measures.. OHHHHHHHHH  THe early days huh????????? 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register