Community Forums

Brava protective seal are AWESOME  

RSS

Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
November 8, 2017 11:51 am  

I got samples from Coloplast to try. I tried the Proctective seal in place of the Ekin ring I have been using. I LOVE IT .  Holy cow no melted goo to remove from skin. Seal stayed snug against stoma. I usually change on the morning of the fourth day because I start itching from melted Ekin leaking. I think I can get another day or two with the Brava seal. It stuck on great no problem. I do use Smith and Nephew barrier wipes let dry well then apply seal/ ring to stoma. I break ring in one spot then open like a U shape then tuck ring first under stoma nice and snug and work my way around stoma then press open ends onto each other on top part of stoma . This works better than trying to stretch hole first and hoping you got hole correct. I used the thick 4.2 mm ring it also comes thin. 

Give these seals a try . Eric has a review on them and he also give a thumbs up.

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Jattzl, Bill Bell, VeganOstomy and 1 people liked
john68
(@john68)
Registered
November 8, 2017 11:57 am  

Great to here of a product doing the job and a happy bunny at the end of it

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
November 8, 2017 12:10 pm  

That's really great to hear!! Thanks for sharing!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
November 8, 2017 12:44 pm  

i would love to try these but Coloplast have not released them to Ireland (and Scotland) yet , I keep pestering the Coloplast reps but they can't even give out samples here .

ReplyQuote
Bill Bell
(@bago)
Registered
November 8, 2017 1:00 pm  

I tried a sample and decided to get these the next time I need supplies.  I was getting the maximum amount allowed by Medicare and my insurance company and have about a 6 month supply to get rid of first.  I am presently am using Safe-n-Simple rings which work well but they do leave a little residue to clean off.

Bill
Ulcerative Colitis... Ileostomy June 2016

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
November 8, 2017 3:37 pm  
Posted by: Tony H

i would love to try these but Coloplast have not released them to Ireland (and Scotland) yet , I keep pestering the Coloplast reps but they can't even give out samples here .

Coloplast is the most frustrating brand when it comes to availability of products across different countries. I hope you don't have to wait very long until it's available there. 

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
November 8, 2017 3:47 pm  
Posted by: VeganOstomy

Coloplast is the most frustrating brand when it comes to availability of products across different countries. I hope you don't have to wait very long until it's available there. 

I hope I get to try them soon , but my present arrangement seems to be working well at the moment , I don't know how your skin survives with all the testing , but just so you know all your efforts are really appreciated , only for patient advocates like you people would be in serious trouble .

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
November 8, 2017 3:54 pm  

I don't know how your skin survives with all the testing , but just so you know all your efforts are really appreciated
If often doesn't! LOL That's why some product reviews often have delays in between them - time for my skin to heal and then time spent with the new product. 

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
November 8, 2017 4:06 pm  

And so say all of us!!!! We all strive for good skin  and the perfect pouch! People this Lad takes himself out of the comfort zone! Not forgetting the time that goes into this site.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
November 8, 2017 5:44 pm  

Amen and Amen (from the church lady!!)  I would still be struggling even more than I am if it hadn't been from all the good advice that Eric has gleaned from all of his testing. I'm grateful to you Eric from the bottom of my heart thank you

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
November 11, 2017 12:45 pm  

Second change with Brava seal . Skin is PERFECT . Nothing melted onto skin like Ekin rings do . All came off clean one piece .Wow so glad I saw Eric's review on these . I think I will go 4 days on this change and see . 

Thank you Eric for your review on Brava seal. You're the BESTEST

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 11, 2017 5:00 pm  

Eric, and all that plucking and shaving?  You are a super man!! IF I could, I would give you even more stars than or bubbles-- but? u know me.. for what it is worth.. Your my star too !!!

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
kiya
 kiya
(@kiya)
Registered
November 15, 2017 3:59 pm  

Tony,

Brava Protective Seals are available in England.  I received many samples and I am now using the seal as my daily item (yes, I change my 1-piece pouch every day).  As everyone says, they are great.  I am surprised that they are not available in Scotland.  I hope that you can try them in the very near future.

kiya

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 15, 2017 5:14 pm  

Kiya, so YOU do  like these huh?  Any leaks with these? skin problems?   I also like the Ekin seals.. They seem to me, hold the acid etc. for a 2-3 day change.. Depending if I eat any tomato sauce..       ***    I will order some as everyone loves them-- and I have my others to have as a back up..   ***** Ekin seals I don't have any itching.. Until I need a change.. 2-3 days .. 

Glad to see you in here Kiay!! Marcie..

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
November 15, 2017 6:58 pm  
Posted by: Marcie

Kiya, so YOU do  like these huh?  Any leaks with these? skin problems?   I also like the Ekin seals.. They seem to me, hold the acid etc. for a 2-3 day change.. Depending if I eat any tomato sauce..       ***    I will order some as everyone loves them-- and I have my others to have as a back up..   ***** Ekin seals I don't have any itching.. Until I need a change.. 2-3 days .. 

Glad to see you in here Kiay!! Marcie..

Make sure you order Protective Seal not moldeable ring . They look alike. The new one Proective seal comes in a light blue cover and in thin or thick . Also I think 4  hole sizes . Get the one closest to your stoma . I break open into a U shape then start by tucking on under part of stoma then wrapping around meeting open ends on top and pressing together . This give a snug custom fit.

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 15, 2017 7:04 pm  

Hey, Bubbles, I do the same with cutting in half.. Give me the NICE extra convex I need instead of a deeper convex.  When u do this half cut-do u use a light/deep convex? what kind of wafer/ pouching company do u use?  I use Coloplast,  mio one piece, and their 2 piece extra lock.. both light convetx. 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
November 16, 2017 9:12 am  

Yes, as Bubbles mentioned, be sure that if you plan to order these that they are the Protective Rings, not Moldable Rings (which, aren't very good). Coloplast sells both. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register