Community Forums

Hollister CeraPlus Skin Barrier and New Image Ostomy Pouch - REVIEW (w/ video)  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
June 26, 2014 9:10 am  

Let's talk about Hollister CeraPlus 2pc systems!

My full review for this product can be found by clicking on the link below.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK liked
Abbas
 Abbas
(@Abbas)
July 24, 2015 4:09 pm  

Hi,
I've tried Hollister New Image Cera plus 11203, and was a bad experience :/
I don't know what's wrong with it, I was using Conform2 happily and it was perfect, gives me 3-5 days wear time. While New Image gave me 2-3 days max, and it doesn't stick will around the ostomy which breaks my skin, it seems like it interacts with liquid outputs maybe, but the tape part sticks very will.

Maybe this because I live in a steamy hot place 40+ C

Reverting back to Conform2 series :)

Thanks for your reviews.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 24, 2015 4:22 pm  

The Conform 2 is a very different product, but I'm glad it works for you. I personally find the New Image without CeraPlus to work better on my skin.

Have a great weekend!

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Abbas
 Abbas
(@Abbas)
August 19, 2015 1:17 pm  

I still don't understand the difference between Conform 2 vs New Image series, is it just the targeted market and place of production?
I can see Conform 2 has less options.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 19, 2015 1:47 pm  

Now that I look at Hollister UK, it seems to be a branding difference, but I can't be 100% sure as I don't have access to Conform 2(not available in North America).

Where do you live that you have access to both?

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Abbas
 Abbas
(@Abbas)
August 21, 2015 3:40 pm  

I live in Sudan, Middle East. . So my primary one is Conform 2, but I do travel much and I've a friend in the States so I can try both :)

LK liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 21, 2015 3:42 pm  

That's excellent! There are many different brands of ostomy products all over the world, but not many are available world-wide.

ReplyQuote
Abbas
 Abbas
(@Abbas)
August 23, 2015 1:03 am  

Now I am in India, looks like Coloplast is the dominant product here

ReplyQuote
Michael Byars
 Michael Byars
(@Michael Byars)
September 14, 2015 4:41 pm  

Thanks for your inspiring and useful information. I am a WOC Nurse and will share these excellent fashion examples in my practice. Please continue to share your tips. I hope for continued good health for you.

LK liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
September 14, 2015 4:45 pm  

Thank you, Michael. It's always encouraging to know that other patients can benefit!

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Barbara Joan Rosado
 Barbara Joan Rosado
(@Barbara Joan Rosado)
September 16, 2015 11:01 am  

Your site is GREAT, I have been having so many problems as I only have had my colostomy for 5 weeks. You explained many things to me, that have been blessing. Thank you again.

Barbara

LK liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
September 16, 2015 11:02 am  

My pleasure!

All the best to you,

Eric

ReplyQuote
oyamaguy
 oyamaguy
(@oyamaguy)
August 15, 2016 1:43 pm  

I've recently tried CeraPlus on the advice from my ET nurse. I was using regular NewImage 2 piece product from Hollister. I use the closed mini pouch. I shower everyday and go swimming. After showering, I usually change the bag and I change the bag a minimum of twice a day. To assist with removing stool, I use colomajic disposable bags and empty when I have a bowel movement (BM). I've noticed a huge difference in the way my peristomal skin feels...I shave with a razor in the shower so I do develop little stubble that can start to itch if I don't tend to it.
I change the flange every 3-4 days. Fortunately, I have an extended medical plan that covers my ostomy costs and allows me to be liberal with frequent product changes. I don't have any complaints about these products as I don't expect them to last more than 4-5 days. The fabric may wear, but underneath is a plastic bag and that is where I expect the product to hold up, (which it does). After 4 years of having an ostomy, I have yet to have a bag break and I'm a busy person. I'm not as lucky with the flanges, but I think that's due to my lifestyle. I refuse to change my activities and am pretty rough on myself to the point I've developed a hernia..(hence the change to CeraPlus) and very soon a hernia belt.
I thoroughly enjoy your reviews and advice and would love to see some reviews on ostomy/hernia options.
Keep up the great work.
Andy

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
 VeganOstomy
(@VeganOstomy)
August 15, 2016 8:38 pm  

Thanks for writing, Andy!

I'm glad that CeraPlus has been working for you!

I'd love to get some hernia-related info on my site soon. Because I don't have a hernia, it requires more research.

Take care! Eric

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Harley A.
 Harley A.
(@Harley A.)
September 25, 2018 4:13 am  

Hey Eric, two things:

First, something helpful: I am using these for the moment and I have found that in addition to the crease that you can put in the outlet, you can also "twist" the bottom of the outlet between your thumb and index finger (like if you tried to open a soda bottle between those fingers--same motion) and it will pop it right open.

Secondly, do you know what the third, arch-shaped tab at the top is for? I know the other two are for the support belt..

Thanks,

Harley

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
September 26, 2018 11:51 am  

Hey, Harley.

I usually have to resort to "twisting" to get it open initially!

The top tab is simply a pull tab to help you remove the bag from the wafer if you need to change it out :)

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Harley A.
 Harley A.
(@Harley A.)
September 27, 2018 2:24 am  

No kidding, I never thought it would be something so simple (the top tab).

Thanks for the quick reply!

LK and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
October 4, 2018 2:28 pm  

Hi Harley

I also use the top tab for burping if I start getting a little gas .

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Shazzon
(@shazzon)
Registered
March 15, 2019 4:11 pm  

I liked the cera plus very much .i mainly use Hollister products and am happy with most of their products .I have had my colostomy for 1 year March 9 and still so much to learn . I am wondering I understood from the video that u wore the CeraPlus flange without using any ring or barrier paste . Can u do that with most flanges I am not too sure on this . 

LK liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
March 15, 2019 4:53 pm  
  1. Hi Shazzon, Any of the wafers can be worn on their own, the barrier rings, paste etc are extra items which some ostomates need to overcome different body shapes and types of stoma. The rings don’t even have to be used whole as a small part may be used to cover a sore or dip. If someone was having problems with leaks they will look at a ring as an extra defence. In a lot of cases a wafer and bag is all that is needed. 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register