Community Forums

Hollister CeraPlus ...

Notifications
Clear all

Hollister CeraPlus Skin Barrier and New Image Ostomy Pouch - REVIEW (w/ video)  

Page 3 / 3

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Lea, I've also noticed that the newer bags are louder than the previous ones.

Now that I've worn them for many, many months, it's not as noticeable as it was originally, but it most certainly is louder than I would like.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

...just need to say...I wear the Hollister 8331 and noticed it was louder immediately. and the plastic was no longer opaque.  I was told the company could not access the original plastic due to COVID19.

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @dlkfiretruck

...just need to say...I wear the Hollister 8331 and noticed it was louder immediately. and the plastic was no longer opaque.  I was told the company could not access the original plastic due to COVID19.

Hmmm. I'm not aware of any manufacturing shortages for these products, but that would be concerning if true. I'm still working off of bags I purchased earlier in 2020, so I can't say whether the most recent shipments would be different. 

Was a note or something included in the package? There was when they changed to chlorine-free plastic. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
DMatter
(@dmatter)
Registered

Also seems that the newer bags let odor seep through sooner especially the clear ones!

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

@dmatter...Ugh!!🤦‍♀️...!!! So its not just me. My dog picked up on it too after such a very long time of not noticing anything unless there was a leak. 🙄.  Any confidence I gained is literally in the sewer right now. Maybe B.C. MEDICAL  wants to pay for this thru bag changes every 1 or 2 days?? Hmmm......I have nothing nice to say about this. 

Linda

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3