Notifications
Clear all

holes in bag  

lg
 lg
(@grw)
Registered
Topic starter  

I use a one piece Coloplast urostomy bag. On 3 occasions this year I have had "leaks" on applying  new bag. 2 times there were single pin holes in the "body" of the bag, there other time in the discharge tube. Anyone else encounter this? 

LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

lg...I use for an ileostomy, Hollister pouches & only once since 2009 have I had a side seam that had not been sealed in a tiny area. Luckily, it was only the M9 that prompted another pouch change & ofcourse I  let the company know for quality concern. It helps them know there machines may have an issue. 

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: @grw

2 times there were single pin holes in the "body" of the bag, there other time in the discharge tube.

Do you think these holes were there out of the box, or did they develop after wearing them for X amount of time?

A few weeks back, I had a hole develop on the bottom side of my bag (where the flange is) and it ended up being that the belt I was wearing during a hike had cut into the plastic! Luckily, the mess was contained to my clothes and was discovered when I was at home. 

If you think these holes are developing as you wear the product, perhaps it's something with your clothes or an object you've rubbed against (or cat claws) that damages the bag without you knowing. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
lg
 lg
(@grw)
Registered
Topic starter  

2 were noticeable within minuets of application of the bag, the other was a few hours later. I was suspicious of one of the felines who allow my presence in their home for the latter event. Of course I've done a few brilliant things like forgetting to close the plug at the bottom of drain and pulling the bottom up when taking the light weight compression t-shirt I wear instead of a stealth belt. The appliances are stored where my feline overlords can't pre-fenestrate them for me.

ReplyQuote
Dickie
(@dickie)
Registered

Quite a while agoI had a pin hole in the middle of the back of a two-piece bag that produced some leak between the bag material and the cloth cover. I noticed this almost immediately after installation and there was not enough to get on clothing, Used their web site to comment that this was likely a manufacturing mistake, which they agreed to, and they sent me two new bags.

ReplyQuote