Community Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Reusable pouches  

LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
Topic starter  

Has anyone tried reusable pouches? There was a gentleman who posted last year that he had used these quite some time ago. I am considering buying a couple for in case I should run out of supplies sometime. It can be a challenge dealing with my supplier/insurance/clinic to get my prescription renewed and supplies authorized, would love a fallback. That gentleman said that he had two, and that he switched them every day. I cannot remember his name, but if he is still on here perhaps he could give some direction. Or anyone else who has information on how these work - much appreciated! LL

Colostomy 4/30/18
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

I don't recall the member who might have brought that up, but are you looking for the actual wafer being the reusable part? Because any pouch can be reused until it falls apart 😂

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

Hi LLNorth...I remember something about that too. Sorry I can't tell you who it was though. I do know there was a discussion at one point about flushable or dissolving ones & I think Eric did an experiment on them & found they didn't really dissolve very well if at all. I'll put more thought into it & see who I come up with though. Just a thought, have you checked under forums and  then recent forums? 

Linda

ReplyQuote
dogtalkerer
(@dogtalkerer)
Registered

why not just buy a box of bags out right, then you are always  a box ahead in supplies.

I order online, takes 5minutes, no prescription required.

add it in  the household budget.

ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
Topic starter  

I did find some rubber ones online, no prices listed (why is this always a secret?) and it is interesting to see - like the disposables, they come in one- and two-piece. I might call them and ask about this.  I use seal rings, also - wonder how that would work; I assume I would still need something.

Nice to hear from all of you and I will let the forum know if I find out anything useful.

Hope everyone is staying well!

Colostomy 4/30/18
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

VeganOstomy and LK liked
ReplyQuote
dogtalkerer
(@dogtalkerer)
Registered

LL north, i think I know what you're driving at here.   I did see a bag for $47.00.  said they have a useful life span of 2 -3 months.   I'm guessing after that they stink too bad to use.   but very little info and I have no idea how they stick to you.

with some experimenting i pushed a 1 peice coloplast 10days. so for $50 I can go 100days or 3 1/2 months.   I plan to try a baking soda and water rinse to see if I can go longer, the flange wasn't in too bad of shape but I wanted to go skiing with a new bag.

myself, I've ordered 2 boxes recently and plan to order 1 more giving me a years safetysupply.

also plan to order a years supply of dog food.

ReplyQuote
dogtalkerer
(@dogtalkerer)
Registered

LL North are you refering to someone called

azmcinniis 

in the introduction section?  the bag they talk about is the same one I found online, mentions using paste to hold it on, sounds like a belt would be required and the paste is just a leak seal.

ReplyQuote