Clear all

For the Shower

85 Posts
11 Users
53 Likes
20.7 K Views
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

Felicity, Ya, I was wondering if these caps are for colostomcys....... 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)

Oooohhhh  ok sorry

Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

Robert, explain the shower cap.. Should be interesting.. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)

Oh no Marcie I ain't going there Ha . I was on the wrong subject .....

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

Ohhhhhhhhh, that !!!!!!!!!! you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

lounge time!!!! 

I opened it a bit ago-- lounge time!!!!!!!!!!! 

Gezzzzzzzzzz Robert!!!!!!!!!!! 

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)

Haha Marcie I meant I use a shower cap for my bag . I was not thinking a shower cap you girls use on your head .

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

Still, how the mind wonders............. 

ReplyQuote
(@tammy)
Topic starter  

Thanks John68!  While it hasn't arrived in the mail yet, I did find the product you suggested and ordered it along with a couple terry covers that promise to dry a pouch out of the shower in the event it's not change day!  For all that posted for my subject, Thanks for taking interest!! Love reading each of your thoughts.  Still taking suggestions to name my ..... friend the "stoma"

ReplyQuote
(@tammy)
Topic starter  

So I think I posted a general reply to all that took interest in my question but I don't see it?  Will have to take more time to learn what I am doing here?  Bottom line is Thanks to all who responded and thanks john68 for the contact info for the item I am looking for.  I did order but it hasn't come yet.  Hope I figure what I am doing (on this site)  by the time it arrives in order to let you know I got it and it's perfect!???

ReplyQuote
(@tammy)
Topic starter  

are you seeing any other posts from me?  I have posted (I think) twice but at the bottom it just says 'save'?  don't know if I am posting or not?

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

but don't  u have to  have a wafer on with this cap?? 

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Hi Tammy, yep yer cumin through loud and clear, and pressing save will send yer post. Naming your stoma is a great thing to do, Do you think of it as a boy or a girl, do you want a fun name ? I have heard of Vesuvius which I thought was a good one, Tammy and Terry has a nice ring for you both.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Tip for the shower, any shower tray may become blocked or slow to drain and if we are going to be showering without the bag accidents will happen. Plenty of products out their to unblock plug holes but a simple and cheap way is Soda Crystals and some vinegar. take the soda crystals first and pour down as much as possible and then pour in the vinegar. keep repeating. let sit for a while and follow with boiling water. will unblock and keep the pipe work smelling fresh. Good idea to do say once a month and you will be sure of no smell or blockage.

Robert reacted
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

John, this is what I do every month in all my drains.. Big help I must admit..  I also in the shower if needed with open stoma, I have a bleach and water spray bottle - just spray after I get out- clean later-- as most of the time a leak is at night.. I  have a detachable shower handle which is great for the stoma cleaning (and the shower) :+) THat is a god sent!!!

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)

Hey there John . That's a new one on me soda crystals n vinegar I"ll  have to try that . Before my surgery it seemed like the loo was always getting plugged up . I found a home remedy that said use about a quarter cup of dish soap pour it in let it sit for 10 minutes or so pour in hot water and flush . I normally wouldn't even use hot water and 9 out of 10 times it would work without even using a plunger . Don't know if it would work on drains but worked in the loo !

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Its amazing how many things we have in the cupboard will do other jobs round the house. if ye want another good one, banana skins are great for polishing shoes. just use the white inside rub on let dry rub of.  Plus put one in a jar with a little water lid on and let sit for a few days. the juice can be diluted and used to water and feed house plants. Good for them as bananas contain potassium.

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)

Eh there John good tip I did not know that about bananas that's interesting . Makes sense as a fertilizer . Here's another one for ye how about Epsom Salt makes a  good fertilizer for Roses n Chili's . I know we're not in the lounge but do you ever try the Ghost Pepper seasoning you said you put in the back of the cupboard ?

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

its still their and may be some day, If folk are afraid of rinsing with water doing their wafer harm, I dread to think wot that could do. May be even no bag LEFT!!

Robert reacted
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)

Hey John Lol . I ordered some dried Carolina Reaper chili today . Like you told me my friend . Leave the chicken outside !! Lol . JK . Give it a try . Can't burn going out right ? Haha 

john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)

That's one I hadn't even thought about no second burn from good chili's 

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5