Community Forums

Five weeks out of s...

Notifications
Clear all

Five weeks out of surgery...old guy...thank gawd for veganostomy...shower stool/chair in front of commode

10 Posts
8 Users
15 Likes
oldguy
(@oldguy)
Topic starter  

Hello, I'm still learning about this stuff, and Veganostomy has been a great resource!  

I have a colostomy.  My stool is already quite thick, so I've learned to use a water bottle rinse (16 oz tap water) to 'flush' my bag.  I use the 'burping' technique with my hollister new image two piece for adding the water. with the bottom open (and inside the bowl).  TP cleanup of the bag opening is a breeze.  

I bought a $35 light-weight shower stool chair that I place in front of the commode that eliminates kneeling on the floor.  My wife suggested it.  She's a genius.

It's working for me, but understand everyone is different.  

Cheers!

LK, GoatHerder, LLNorth and 4 people reacted
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Welcome, and thank you for posting! I like the idea of using a shower stool 👍 Your wife is awesome for suggesting it!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)

The shower stool is a great idea! I too kneel, but I know there will come a time when that will be difficult. Thank your wife for the brilliant suggestion.

Laurie

Just a semicolon

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)

Welcome, oldguy, and that is a great idea! LL

Colostomy 4/30/18.
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)

From one guy to another Welcome and best wishes 🙏👍

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
GoatHerder
(@goatherder)

Sounds like that's working well for you. I use a bidet, so I can blast out my bag while sitting on the potty. Clean as new in 10 seconds and I'm done.

Retired engineer, now goatherd
Ostomate since 2015: Mid transverse after cancer
Our goats always live at GoatsLive.com

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

oldguy... Welcome to VO! Theres so much Great INFO, Videos & People here to help & even just listen as you adjust  & learn to live & appreciate your new lifestyle. 

I've been using a 3 legged wood top plant stand from Canadian Tire for my "potty chair", lol, its the right height for me,  but a shower chair sounds way more balanced over this thing!! Lol! Guess what my next purchase in the new year will be! Please thank your wife from me too! 

Linda

ReplyQuote
oldguy
(@oldguy)
Topic starter  

@dlkfiretruck 

Will do!

VeganOstomy videos are so informative!  I like a lot of his preferences, but I'm still exploring.

VeganOstomy and LK reacted
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

@oldguy  Yes, explore away! The companies want you for a life time customer! Don't  be afraid to ask for samples of anything even the M9 to get a smaller labled bottle for portability and/or travel. Also Hollister has a room deodorizer / neutralizer spray that works pretty darn fabulous too! I was sent a sample of that & now refil it & carry it in my go bag. 

Erics Videos cover a wide range of topics & are so informative & very well thought out. I binge watched them  repeatedly for my first 2 months! Lol! Def.  learned a lot & I was over 5 years in !!! Thank you Eric!! 

Linda

ReplyQuote
Chelly
(@chelly)

I’m a few years into this and I’m still exploring new ideas and peoples experiences. I’m an ileostomy but still similar. I agree that vegan Ostomy is a good informative site. I’ve seen his videos in the past. I’ve learned from those. Now I recently had an issue and decided to join the forum to get feedback and help on that problem. They are very supportive here. I’m sure vegan Ostomy is making your Ostomy experience much easier with the info that he makes available to us. 

Posted by: @oldguy

Hello, I'm still learning about this stuff, and Veganostomy has been a great resource!  

I have a colostomy.  My stool is already quite thick, so I've learned to use a water bottle rinse (16 oz tap water) to 'flush' my bag.  I use the 'burping' technique with my hollister new image two piece for adding the water. with the bottom open (and inside the bowl).  TP cleanup of the bag opening is a breeze.  

I bought a $35 light-weight shower stool chair that I place in front of the commode that eliminates kneeling on the floor.  My wife suggested it.  She's a genius.

It's working for me, but understand everyone is different.  

Cheers!

LK reacted
ReplyQuote