Community Forums

ConvaTec SUR-FIT Natura Moldable: REVIEW (w/ video)  

RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
June 7, 2016 11:00 am  
wpf-cross-image

Let's discuss these ConvaTec moldable wafers!

To read my full review on this product, click on the link below.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

VeganOstomy
 VeganOstomy
(@VeganOstomy)
September 9, 2016 5:30 pm  

Have you used this moldable system before? Tell me about your experience.

ReplyQuote
Willa Walker
 Willa Walker
(@Willa Walker)
September 16, 2017 11:28 am  

I tried these. I was excited about the moldable tech. That was good. But when I tried to put the bag on, I couldn't get it to snap on at all--. No matter how much I pushed on my stomach, I couldn't get the bag to seal on to the wafer. Took the wafer off - totally useless system.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
September 16, 2017 6:01 pm  

Hi Willa,

Many people have a hard time getting these to snap together (including me).

There are a few options :

- some people lubricate the ring before snapping it into the flange. Water might be enough.
- ConvaTec offers a floating flange option that would make things much easier.

It'd be nice if you didn't have to resort to tricks to get it on, but it can be helpful of you like the rest of the appliance.

ReplyQuote
Melanie
 Melanie
(@Melanie)
February 15, 2018 1:34 pm  

I don't use this moldable system but I have been using convatec for 18 years, here are a few tips.

I use a transparent bag and I put the bag and wafer together before applying the wafer to my skin. The pressure needed to connect the two can hurt a tender stomach and even squeeze out any paste you need or mess with an eiken seal. By connecting the two first I can also make sure all sides are completely attached preventing leaks.

After applying a new wafer to prevent that sticky residue outline around the wafer I use a long handled eye shadow brush (or just use a finger) to apply a very SMALL dusting of body powder around the edge of the wafer. Seams weird but I rarely get that residue anymore.

Water - I don't have that netting on to top of my transparent bag but it is still on the underside. After a shower I use a towel and buff it thoroughly on all parts of the bag and it gets most of the moisture off. You can't just wipe these bags you have to really rub the towel on them to get water out from between the two layers. Allot of times i also fold a paper towel and put it under the bag to absorb any water left. By the time I am finished getting ready, eaten breakfast, etc I can get rid of the paper towel (or cloth) and go about my day.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
February 16, 2018 4:55 pm  

Thanks for sharing these tip, Melanie!

ReplyQuote
Jeff
 Jeff
(@Jeff)
April 23, 2018 4:18 am  

I have a hi-output ileostomy. I've tried coloplast and Hollister previously. I use their hi capacity pouches which has a spout on the bottom, which solves all the problems you mentioned regarding the Velcro type closures.
Also, with a 4x4 skin barrier cut to shape I've gotten 6-7 days of wear usually, unless I've been extremely active, then it's only 4-5 days.
For me this has been the best system yet.!
Like you said everyone is different and I'm glad you suggested everyone should try it and make their own decisions.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register