Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Registered
February 19, 2018 1:08 pm  

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have a recommendation for adhesive remover wipes? I was using Safe & Simple but they did not seem to remove the residue. I recently tried the Brava Adhesive Remover Wipes which seem to be be more effective.  I use the Cavilon Skin barrier wipes and the Hollister 2 piece with the Cera-rings. 

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
February 19, 2018 4:16 pm  

I love the Brava spray adhesive remover .

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
February 19, 2018 5:48 pm  

I agree with Bubbles that the Brava spray adhesive remover is a superior product. 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
February 19, 2018 7:42 pm  

I'm fan of Niltac adhesive remover spray and wipes.

What's the residue being left by? Your wafer or barrier rings? 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Registered
February 20, 2018 2:16 am  

I think it's from both. The area under the barrier ring is where the residue is difficult to remove.

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
February 20, 2018 4:09 am  
Posted by: Fred

I think it's from both. The area under the barrier ring is where the residue is difficult to remove.

Are you using Ekin rings ? Those melted terribly on me . I now use Brava Protective seals / rings. They come in thin and thick .They don't melt . Make sure it's the Protective seal not the Brava Moldable those are terrible .

ReplyQuote
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Registered
February 20, 2018 10:35 am  

Thank you for the suggestions. I use the Holister Cera-rings and they do melt terribly and do not adhere to the skin.  My stoma is half above and half flat to slightly concave and output always get under the ring.How do you find the Eakin rings for protecting the skin underneath?

ReplyQuote
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Registered
February 20, 2018 10:50 am  

Hi Bubbles, In the previous reply, I meant to ask how good do you find the Brava rings  for adhehing and protecting?

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
February 20, 2018 11:02 am  

Hi Bubbles, In the previous reply, I meant to ask how good do you find the Brava rings  for adhehing and protecting?

Brava ring adhere very well to me . Since you are half concave order the thin version and size opening according to stoma size . Example I am a 22 stoma so I order the 18 ring so I stretch it slightly for a snug fit .So if you were me you Oder the 18 thin . Your Ostomy supplier can help you order properly. Call Coloplast they can send you a sample to try .

ReplyQuote
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Registered
February 20, 2018 11:07 am  

Thankyou. I'll see if I can get a sample and try them.

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
February 20, 2018 12:53 pm  

Hi I use and like the Niltac wipes as well, I find that may be in hot weather I will have more residue left behind when removing

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
February 20, 2018 2:36 pm  

Thank you for the suggestions. I use the Holister Cera-rings and they do melt terribly and do not adhere to the skin.  My stoma is half above and half flat to slightly concave and output always get under the ring.How do you find the Eakin rings for protecting the skin underneath?

I've got samples of those Hollister rings, but haven't tried them yet. Eakin rings do melt for me, but the Coloplast Protective rings are really good. I did a review on them here: https://www.veganostomy.ca/coloplast-brava-protective-rings/

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Registered
February 20, 2018 2:42 pm  

Thank you.  I'll check it out.

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
February 20, 2018 5:05 pm  

I found that the Coloplast protective seals choked Nellie.. But they are so easy to form with.  Maybe I used them like I do Ekin seal. -- Those I cut in half and roll, and press like a pie crust around the pre-cut wafer, to form a pillow affect. I will try to  just place the whole OC.P.R. seal as is.. ??? Nellie is odd shaped. 

Bubbles did u say you love these?  

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
February 21, 2018 8:44 pm  

Having tried others, I prefer Brava protective rings. Going from outside in:

1. Best outer package
  2. I peel off one of the covers and apply ring to stoma. 
  3. When ring firmly set to skin remove other plastic cover.
  4. Set wafer. Attach bag.

Straight and simple process.

Eakin rings aren't quite up to snuff in comparison. 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
February 21, 2018 9:02 pm  

z did I make another mistake by the brand name?  who  me???????? Just not myself these days.. Then again I may be myself and I.. and who knows????????? 

Why don't u like the Eakin seals? Sometimes they stretch out wider.. Do u find this? 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
February 22, 2018 5:17 am  

I found that they melt and leave a residue that is miserable to clean off.

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
February 22, 2018 12:34 pm  

I have only used rings in a few occasions for skin healing, the Brava protective seal is the first one I tried and I can say its a great product, but I took an allergic reaction to them. May be with these rings it a case of working better or worst with each user. A lot could be to do with the type of climate you live in or the job you. I know my wafer works great for me but come a very warm day and it will quickly start too show wear. If I lived where a lot of you folk do I would have to change brand. As it rains most of the time here in N.I mine is probably a good example of one to shower with lol.

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
February 22, 2018 12:46 pm  

John, you also are working hard for your job too.  Movement takes it toll on these issues also--  And also as I am mostly laying down under my electric blanket the out put sits more near Nellie.. Never a right climate, or a right position huh? 

How r u doing by the way?  Haven't heard from you in a bit.. 

Safe n' simple works well for me.  no sting.. Some of the others did sting.. I don't really want to upset Nellie to much.. she's a brat............ 

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
February 22, 2018 1:07 pm  

Doin the very best, did have that bit of broken skin caused by my me rushing but have got it cleared, This may be of topic but I had been using the crusting method and then seen how Eric used rings for the same issue, great tip works well and give comfort while it heals

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register