Community Forums

Stelara + methotrex...

Stelara + methotrexate  

RSS

Raine
(@raine)
Registered
January 8, 2019 4:50 pm  

Is anyone here a crohns patient using stelara? My GI wants to add methotrexate (25 mgs weekly) because of active disease.  I`m on the fence because I think the mtx caused a prior irregular heart beat.  The other option is cymzia.  OR get have the rest of my colon removed.  I go see him on Thursday to discuss.  Me thinks its tine for a second opinion.

Raine

john68
(@john68)
Registered
January 9, 2019 4:24 pm  

Hi Raine, I cant give you an answer about the meds the GI has suggested, but for another option my thoughts are-How active is the crohns, is it causing the upset that it did before you had the ostomy. if that is the case then its cancelling out the benefits of the ostomy. If these new meds had a successful effect it would be an easy fix, but as you say they have side effects and also we all know how aggressive crohns is.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Raine
(@raine)
Registered
January 10, 2019 2:44 pm  

Thanks, I decided to go with the methotrexate and see what happens.  Since I have had confirmed crohns through out my GI tract, a further ostomy seems fruitless...

Raine

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
January 10, 2019 3:00 pm  

Good luck, Raine! I haven't been on either, but I know people who've been on both (separately). 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register