Clear all

Trouble getting PM's

18 Posts
6 Users
2 Likes
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Topic starter  

Eric, I have a P.M. and I cant get into it anymore.  All I get are the information and search tat don't apply to me .

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Hi Marcie. I'll send you a PM - let me know if you get it/see it and whether you can reply. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

Hi Eric,

I think you might know this already, but the PM system isn't coming up right now. I was going to post something on a topic, but decided a PM might be more prudent. ?  This has happened to me before and usually when I try later, it works. 

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: @squeakyandliza

Hi Eric,

I think you might know this already, but the PM system isn't coming up right now. I was going to post something on a topic, but decided a PM might be more prudent. ?  This has happened to me before and usually when I try later, it works. 

Hmm. I'm able to get mine without trouble. 

What device and browser are you trying to access it from? What ends up happening when you click on "private message" does it take you anywhere? 

ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

I am in my phone. When I click on the message link, I get an outline type table of contents list of the website. I could try it on the computer. 

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

I am in my phone. When I click on the message link, I get an outline type table of contents list of the website. I could try it on the computer. 

Can you let me know what phone and possibly which OS version? iPhones/iPads tend to be the most problematic for the site - god knows why! 

ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

It is an iPhone 6. But my computer did the same thing. Maybe it is a sign I should be working while I am at work. ? 

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

I sent you an email what I was going to say in PM. There is a solution to every problem. ?

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

But my computer did the same thing.

Windows or Mac? 

I sent you an email what I was going to say in PM.

Got it! Looks like the same problem we had here: https://www.veganostomy.ca/community/bug-reports/problems-viewing-forum-posts/

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Hi Eric, I just checked the pm by seeing if I could send  one to you. Yep some things up it’s showing a list of headlines and forum related items in a very unusual way. Every thing else is working fine 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

For those of you experiencing this issue and have access to a desktop browser like Chrome, can you please right click on the page giving you trouble and click on "inspect". A window will pop up - on that window click "network" then select "css" and refresh the page. 

I need to know if anything on the list is showing up red. See my screenshot below (everything is normal for me). 

If you are getting red, please post a screenshot (or email it to me) so I can see which files are being affected. Thanks in advance! 

1563386525-inspection-window.png

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Hi Eric, just got home and went on the laptop. I can’t even get logged into the site at all. But on the phone every thing is back working 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: @john68

I can’t even get logged into the site at all.

You can't access the website or you can't log in with your forum account? 

I'm going to reset a few things on my end to see if that helps.

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

I can log io but every thing comes up in a strange format. It’s like the problem before but unlike then all my devices where affected. 

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Hi Eric,

I am also having a problem. I guess this has happened before. Technology - can't live with it and can't live without it!

Stella

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Keep letting me know guys! I've disabled a few backend settings - things may load slower and not as smoothly as before  but I need to know if this fixes the problem. 

john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

@veganostomy...Hi Eric...I have been told I was sent a PM but have no message about it. Thought I'd let you know. I'm not sure if its with the new work your doing or not. I have told this to VARG55 who sent it incase it was bit of an error on posting it. 

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

@dlkfiretruck Hi Linda, if the message was sent between Dec 29 and 30th it may not have worked because the website was in transition to a different host. Unfortunately, I'd have no way of knowing.

I suggest trying to use private messages again and report back if you are still having trouble. 

ReplyQuote