I was invited by the Reno Ostomy Association to speak to their group and share some of my tips for people living with an ostomy and also caregivers.
This has been a huge honor and I’ll be sharing more about my trip in a later post. But for now, I’d like to share that presentation with you all.
This will be a three-part series, with each part covering different topics.
Part 1 (below) features:
- My Crohn’s Disease and ostomy story and how “VeganOstomy” was born.
- Common concerns for ostomates.
- How to develop a “bulletproof mind”.
- Strategies to help reduce stress and problem solve ostomy-related issues.
Part two can now be viewed HERE!
Stay tuned for three, where I talk about tips for both caregivers and healthcare professionals!
Special thanks to the following sponsors of this event:
- Pacific Coast Region of the WOCN Society
- The Gene Galindo Memorial Fund
And a very special thanks to Jennifer Lee, the President of the Reno Ostomy Association, and the one who worked tirelessly to get me to Reno!
More info about the Reno Ostomy Association can be found HERE.