Support belt and clothing  

RSS

Tony
 Tony
(@tony)
Registered
26/04/2019 10:34 am  

Hi 

I live in the U.K. in Northumberland just a few miles from the Scottish Borders I was diagnosed with bladder cancer last March and I now since June  live with a stoma 

I am really struggling to find support belts etc that are for Urostomy pouches everything seems to be for ostomy pouches any answers out there 

Tony 

john68
(@john68)
Registered
26/04/2019 11:03 am  

Hi Tony, welcome to the forum, you live in a beautiful part of the country I am from N.I. Have you tried Comfizz they are a family run business and cater for all types of ostomates.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
26/04/2019 11:35 am  

Hi Tony, 

Welcome to the forum!

There are a few styles of bands/belts available - some clip onto the wafer portion of your appliance to help support the weight of your bag, and some are more like fabric pockets to hold your bag securely. 

Comfizz is a place to try, and I've listed other companies who might also be helpful here: https://www.veganostomy.ca/ostomy-clothing-manufacturers/

Most ostomy products work for all types of ostomies, so don't be discouraged if they aren't specifically referencing urostomies. 

If you come across any that interest you, post links here and we'll check them out. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
lg
 lg
(@grw)
Registered
29/04/2019 8:27 pm  

Hello Tony,

I have a urostomy and have had previous colostomy and ileostomy. All of the 0stomy products will work. Particular to the urostomy is the constant liquidity in the bag. I find compression athletic type under shirts hold the bag tight to your body. this helps keep the "splashing" to a minimum. Good luck to you.

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
14/05/2019 5:49 am  

Hi Tony and lg...You mention about splashing in the urostomy pouches. Eric has said in a video about a product you can put in our  Ileostomy pouches to thicken up liquid output.  Some are capsules and some are a powder. Would this work for you in the collected urine?  You can ask the companies for samples to try if you would like.   

Linda

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
14/05/2019 6:03 am  

Hi Linda, I see where you are coming from,I have used a sample of the gel for curiosity and it really does work very well. The spout on the urostomy pouches may not be able cope.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
14/05/2019 9:26 am  
Posted by: LK

Hi Tony and lg...You mention about splashing in the urostomy pouches. Eric has said in a video about a product you can put in our  Ileostomy pouches to thicken up liquid output.  Some are capsules and some are a powder. Would this work for you in the collected urine?  You can ask the companies for samples to try if you would like.   

Unfortunately, these gelling products will not work with urine, and even if you managed to thicken up that kind of output, as John mentioned it may not be able to pass through the spout properly.  

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register