Clear all

Whats yours called  

Page 3 / 8
  RSS

Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
October 22, 2017 12:20 pm  

John, Ya, talk about a blow out huh??? Major blockage let her rip!!!!!!!!!! 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
October 22, 2017 12:24 pm  

John, would have loved the look on your face when she said that!! Bag-a-butt.......

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Al
 Al
(@al)
Registered
October 22, 2017 4:12 pm  

One of the first things I read when having an ostomy was naming it, so I named mine Bert. I don't know why, but Bert the bag had a ring to it.

Al

ReplyQuote
memaw002us
(@memaw002us)
Registered
October 23, 2017 11:37 am  

I had two boys and when I had surgery I named mine Vicky for the girl I never had.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
October 23, 2017 11:55 am  

Welcome, Al and memaw002us!

You've chosen great names for your stoma! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
October 23, 2017 1:09 pm  

Haven't decided on a name for mine yet and its been over a year . I forgot who it was on here but they named there's Bob . Everybody calls me Bob or Bobby so I got a laugh outa someone calling there's Bob . Now I'm kinda thinking about Johns comment awhile back about Eric it was in fun ! Nobody seems to have that one ! Nothing personal Eric really but it is original and you have helped some many of us in so many ways it would be in honor of you of course ! But only if it wouldn't offend you Eric ? If it did I of course would not use it .

Subtotal colectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 23, 2017 1:55 pm  

Hi Marcie, Looking good Kid

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Bill Bell
(@bago)
Registered
October 23, 2017 2:02 pm  

I still don't have an official name for mine, but was thinking Chainsaw for the noise he sometimes makes.

Bill
Ulcerative Colitis... Ileostomy June 2016

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 23, 2017 2:10 pm  

like it Bago. Then when he makes a noise you can say chainsaws "Stihl" making that "Echo"

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
October 23, 2017 2:32 pm  

John, how come u have four stars and I have 2?  

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
October 23, 2017 2:34 pm  

John, wish I was a kid again.. Well maybe 18 years.  AFTER that stupid car dad made me drive.. Then I bought a huge Oldsmobile convertble.   In the winter someone told me to tap the back plastic window when it iced over-well, I gave it a good wack !!  Had a huge hole and it was so cold!! and then the muffler went, and when I arrived at work I had all this black stuff in my nose, hair-so I drove to work with hair rollers in/big scarf,-all bundled up and made a dash to the ladies room to fix up- Sounds familiar(sp) now doesn't it? Just different attentions.. 

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 23, 2017 2:36 pm  

Hi Marcie, cos your American and have got 50 other ones and don,t need any more

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
October 23, 2017 2:37 pm  

"Bango-how about just "CHAIN" like the song- Chain, chain, chain.. 60's I believe.. 

"Chain and I are connected together-lost the key" "excuse me while the two of find the damn thing" Then go and change chain---

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
October 23, 2017 2:39 pm  

Robert, I will think of one for you- For now? how about "Camper"  She's a real camper!! 

you like to camp-- Camper the Champ!! 

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
October 23, 2017 2:45 pm  

John, but look at, what/who is in charge of the star's now?  Could be none.. So Embarrassed. !!!!!  Not a so called star in my book. jerk! 

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
October 23, 2017 2:49 pm  

Hey Marcie I'll have to think about the Camper . When all is going well it would be a Happy Camper !!!!! Lol

Subtotal colectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
October 23, 2017 9:37 pm  

Robert, u may be to new to name your stoma.  Personally, I was to busy getting things together in my head to think of it..  Then one day I did.  Just happened.  I named my I.V. pole "HOPE" 3 years ago- every pole I get connected to, I call it Hope.  I now know how a wall flower feels-I am always connected to one. (a wall).   :-(   ha ha ha on me huh? 

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
October 24, 2017 6:52 pm  

I call mine Rose...because she really is a beautiful thing.  Having gone thru 8 surgeries in my one year hospital stay, critically ill and malnourished,  I actually survived.  I got out five months before my hubby was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  From there, five weeks  before he proceeded to Heaven, I had to have the ileostomy installed.  A few times I thought I would call her after a volcano...God knows that she could leave a wrath in her wake!  Mt. Visouvious or however you spell it came to mind on those times...but in the "end"  I am thinking more so after a tornado due to what he is capable of when I am too tired to watch carefully on bag changes.  Naming her has certainly brought us together better then I thought it would have. I have my surgeon to thank for that sugestion.

Linda

Dona, carolynreinhart, john68 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
October 25, 2017 11:02 am  

Welcome, Linda!

So glad to see you and "Rose" here =) 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 25, 2017 11:09 am  

Hi Linda and Rose, so lovely to hear your outlook on events

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 8