Clear all

Whats yours called  

Page 2 / 8
  RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 16, 2017 6:13 pm  

Right attitude Ladies, if it can help just one person or raise awareness it worth it. A few years ago I had a girl I knew was asking me about my op. during telling my story she asked had I problems when sitting. When I got to the Bottom (no pun intended) of what she meant It turns out she thought by bag was on my bum. Funny how folk think!

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
October 16, 2017 6:21 pm  

I'm a Nursing Activity Girl and I've been asked about my ilieostomy. Had a family member spot it under my clothing! She knew what it was because her dad had had one. I shared as needed so folks would understand my limits and even my lack of limits. I've educated a curious nursing assistant, what it is like, how it changes things. Shared a non-shitty picture of Oscar fresh from a cleaning so she could see what one looks like, showed her a bag and how the appliance fits onto the body, how it opens. I stress that this does not mean a life is over or limited, that it's just a matter of figuring out how to. I also made sure she understood this happened as part of my disease process.

I shared it with a very few of my residents. One is a urostomate, we talked about how much better our bag buddies had made us feel. The others have just been in my life so long (15+ years) and could handle the information.

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
October 16, 2017 6:29 pm  

That is hysterical, John!!!!  So glad you were able to get her straightened out!!!!  I tell people that nothing about me has changed; my plumbing is just different.  The outlet has moved to be left front midriff.  But otherwise, everything still works just like theirs.  A bag on your bum!  Can you even imagine?  Too funny!!!!!

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 16, 2017 6:41 pm  

Would add a whole new dimension to "does my bum look big in this"

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
October 16, 2017 8:32 pm  

Love the bag on Bum! Very funny.

Right after I got mine and was still in recovery I began to think about what I would tell just curious people  who asked to see it ( never happened...people are pretty circumspect) and I figured out that I would say,

" I'll show you mine if you show me yours".

THAT would stop them cold!

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
October 16, 2017 9:19 pm  

After the sealing of my butt,  I can proudly state unequivocally that I am no longer an asshole. 

Ha ha ha. 

Seriously, it took a long time to get used to the new me. I am still leTruly,  life goes on. And I am alive to appreciate it . For instance,  my 23rd grandchild was born last week. Gotta be happy. The beat goes on.  arning to like the new me. How emotional can a feller get over a bag. Maybe if some french dude designed a fancy label bag...

Truly,  life goes on. 
And I am alive to appreciate it .
For instance,  my 23rd grandchild
was born last week. Gotta be happy.
The beat goes on. 

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 17, 2017 2:43 am  

No longer an asshole! that deserves a certificate. Congratulations on the new Grandchild. That's quite a legacy

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
October 17, 2017 12:41 pm  

Thanks.  How did you weather the storm? 

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
October 17, 2017 12:41 pm  

Thanks.  How did you weather the storm? 

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
John Kane
(@john-kane)
Registered
October 17, 2017 12:59 pm  

Ramona the Stoma!

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 17, 2017 1:32 pm  

It finally blew its self out around midnight, First light this morning had a lap of the yard to check for damage and thankfully none. We where lucky some parts still have no power.

ReplyQuote
figsisters2
(@figsisters2)
Registered
October 20, 2017 11:10 am  

Lola the stoma. It's great to say to my family, "I have to take care of Lola" and be totally understood! 

VeganOstomy, mykirbyroo, john68 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
carolynreinhart
(@carolynreinhart)
Registered
October 20, 2017 11:43 am  

My family does the same - it's normalizes the situation

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 20, 2017 12:24 pm  

Her name war Lola she was a show girl!

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 20, 2017 12:31 pm  

Hi Carolyn, yep I think that too. when I am doing my change I some times have to get cross with Sammy when he,s not behaving

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
October 21, 2017 8:00 pm  

I call mine: whooooooooahhhh "NELLIE" She likes to have her dress's changed a lot. Thank goodness for that, after all the money I put into that expense!!  Most of the time she is pretty good about it without no fuss.. THEN, there are there are times it is like changing a baby boys diaper.. 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
October 21, 2017 8:10 pm  

Gee John, I thought that u were talking about your stoma blowing out!! Thought to myself, Poor guy, he had a blockage!!!! And it really blasted the back yard too! 

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
October 21, 2017 10:36 pm  

Very elegant name for your stoma, John!  I like it very much!  Mine is Rosebud Poopybutt and she's a permanent colostomy.  Her name fits her, too!!!!

ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
October 21, 2017 10:38 pm  

Another classy name for a stoma!  Wish I was as creative!!!!!  LOVE IT!!!!

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 22, 2017 2:58 am  

Ha Ha, that would have been some storm with major flooding

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 8