Community Forums

Whats yours called  

Page 2 / 8
  RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 16, 2017 6:13 pm  

Right attitude Ladies, if it can help just one person or raise awareness it worth it. A few years ago I had a girl I knew was asking me about my op. during telling my story she asked had I problems when sitting. When I got to the Bottom (no pun intended) of what she meant It turns out she thought by bag was on my bum. Funny how folk think!

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
October 16, 2017 6:21 pm  

I'm a Nursing Activity Girl and I've been asked about my ilieostomy. Had a family member spot it under my clothing! She knew what it was because her dad had had one. I shared as needed so folks would understand my limits and even my lack of limits. I've educated a curious nursing assistant, what it is like, how it changes things. Shared a non-shitty picture of Oscar fresh from a cleaning so she could see what one looks like, showed her a bag and how the appliance fits onto the body, how it opens. I stress that this does not mean a life is over or limited, that it's just a matter of figuring out how to. I also made sure she understood this happened as part of my disease process.

I shared it with a very few of my residents. One is a urostomate, we talked about how much better our bag buddies had made us feel. The others have just been in my life so long (15+ years) and could handle the information.

Crohn's Colitis, Ilieostomy, Proctocolectomy November 2017

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
October 16, 2017 6:29 pm  

That is hysterical, John!!!!  So glad you were able to get her straightened out!!!!  I tell people that nothing about me has changed; my plumbing is just different.  The outlet has moved to be left front midriff.  But otherwise, everything still works just like theirs.  A bag on your bum!  Can you even imagine?  Too funny!!!!!

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 16, 2017 6:41 pm  

Would add a whole new dimension to "does my bum look big in this"

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
October 16, 2017 8:32 pm  

Love the bag on Bum! Very funny.

Right after I got mine and was still in recovery I began to think about what I would tell just curious people  who asked to see it ( never happened...people are pretty circumspect) and I figured out that I would say,

" I'll show you mine if you show me yours".

THAT would stop them cold!

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
October 16, 2017 9:19 pm  

After the sealing of my butt,  I can proudly state unequivocally that I am no longer an asshole. 

Ha ha ha. 

Seriously, it took a long time to get used to the new me. I am still leTruly,  life goes on. And I am alive to appreciate it . For instance,  my 23rd grandchild was born last week. Gotta be happy. The beat goes on.  arning to like the new me. How emotional can a feller get over a bag. Maybe if some french dude designed a fancy label bag...

Truly,  life goes on. 
And I am alive to appreciate it .
For instance,  my 23rd grandchild
was born last week. Gotta be happy.
The beat goes on. 

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 17, 2017 2:43 am  

No longer an asshole! that deserves a certificate. Congratulations on the new Grandchild. That's quite a legacy

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
October 17, 2017 12:41 pm  

Thanks.  How did you weather the storm? 

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
October 17, 2017 12:41 pm  

Thanks.  How did you weather the storm? 

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
John Kane
(@john-kane)
Registered
October 17, 2017 12:59 pm  

Ramona the Stoma!

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 17, 2017 1:32 pm  

It finally blew its self out around midnight, First light this morning had a lap of the yard to check for damage and thankfully none. We where lucky some parts still have no power.

ReplyQuote
figsisters2
(@figsisters2)
Registered
October 20, 2017 11:10 am  

Lola the stoma. It's great to say to my family, "I have to take care of Lola" and be totally understood! 

VeganOstomy, mykirbyroo, john68 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
carolynreinhart
(@carolynreinhart)
Registered
October 20, 2017 11:43 am  

My family does the same - it's normalizes the situation

Carolyn Reinhart

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 20, 2017 12:24 pm  

Her name war Lola she was a show girl!

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 20, 2017 12:31 pm  

Hi Carolyn, yep I think that too. when I am doing my change I some times have to get cross with Sammy when he,s not behaving

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
October 21, 2017 8:00 pm  

I call mine: whooooooooahhhh "NELLIE" She likes to have her dress's changed a lot. Thank goodness for that, after all the money I put into that expense!!  Most of the time she is pretty good about it without no fuss.. THEN, there are there are times it is like changing a baby boys diaper.. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
October 21, 2017 8:10 pm  

Gee John, I thought that u were talking about your stoma blowing out!! Thought to myself, Poor guy, he had a blockage!!!! And it really blasted the back yard too! 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
October 21, 2017 10:36 pm  

Very elegant name for your stoma, John!  I like it very much!  Mine is Rosebud Poopybutt and she's a permanent colostomy.  Her name fits her, too!!!!

ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
October 21, 2017 10:38 pm  

Another classy name for a stoma!  Wish I was as creative!!!!!  LOVE IT!!!!

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 22, 2017 2:58 am  

Ha Ha, that would have been some storm with major flooding

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 8
Share:

Working