Whats yours called  

Page 1 / 8 Next
  RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 12, 2017 1:19 pm  

Hi all,

The other evening we had Where in the world, interesting to see the different parts we all call home. would like to see more of those. Stoma names you will have seen my wee lad is called Sammy, so Whats yours called! I wonder has anyone called theirs Eric.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Robert and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
October 12, 2017 2:42 pm  
Posted by: john68

I wonder has anyone called theirs Eric.

Haha! That would be hilarious!

I haven't named my stoma, but it's definitely a lady most of the time - becomes male when I'm struggling with it. LOL

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
October 13, 2017 8:26 am  

I've got Oscar the Pouch. Funny thing in the circus arts community I go by Felix, easier for most folks to say. Someone pointed out that Oscar and I are named like "The Odd Couple" movie. Oscar can be a bit of a slob at times...

Crohn's Colitis, Ilieostomy, Proctocolectomy November 2017

VeganOstomy and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 13, 2017 9:01 am  

Ah Seseme Street that takes me back. 1 ostomy bag ha ha ha, 2 ostomy bags ha ha ha

ReplyQuote
Illona
(@illona)
Registered
October 14, 2017 12:30 pm  

Pippa Middleton.  She was in the news a lot around the time and I like saying "Pippa". 😀

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 14, 2017 1:14 pm  

Hi illona, that's brilliant

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
October 14, 2017 2:24 pm  

I call mine IGOR after a Terry Pratchett character who liked to perform surgery and one of my surgeons was actually called IGOR as well .

ReplyQuote
FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
October 14, 2017 10:34 pm  

If only we had Igors in this world. We'd all be in pretty good condition.

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
October 15, 2017 11:10 am  

are you another Terry Pratchett fan Felicity ? the IGORS are one of his best creations and it really would be great to have some real IGORS around .

ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
October 15, 2017 1:20 pm  

Mine is Rosebud Poopybutt and she's a colostomy.  She sometimes drives me crazy, but I think that's her job.  She sure keeps me on my toes.  She and I have been having a hard time these past two days.  I ate coleslaw from KFC two days ago and I paid the price for it.  No more KFC for me!  Today Rosebud seems to be a happy little camper.  Am gonna do my best to keep her happy!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 15, 2017 3:11 pm  

Cute name, why not have ago making your own coleslaw far nicer and shred it really fine

ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
October 15, 2017 3:46 pm  

Hi, John!  Being as I'm not all that fond of coleslaw, I really don't feel like I'm missing much.  If I want a taste, I'll have just one very small fork-full or have a bite of my husband's.  It's no big loss as far as I'm concerned.  Thanks for the advice though.  It gives me something to think about.

ReplyQuote
carolynreinhart
(@carolynreinhart)
Registered
October 15, 2017 8:42 pm  

I called my Sopie !

Carolyn Reinhart

john68 and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Registered
October 16, 2017 3:21 am  

Hello,

My stoma's name is Sophia. She loves attention and compliments and gets lots of TLC.  Naming her has helped me to cope with a colostomy.

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
October 16, 2017 8:11 am  

Tony, my husband gave me a wonderful gift when he introduced me to the Discworld years ago. Took a few books to hook me, but it finally happened. Funny and timely/ timeless stuff. I loved his witches

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
October 16, 2017 9:46 am  
Posted by: FelicityG

Tony, my husband gave me a wonderful gift when he introduced me to the Discworld years ago. Took a few books to hook me, but it finally happened. Funny and timely/ timeless stuff. I loved his witches

thats funny because it was my son who introduced me to Terry Pratchett , he was trying to get me to read them for years and finally he bribed me to read one , I was hooked , read 20 of them in about 6 weeks , and after that I was first in line for any new book , loved the witches and really liked the wee free men in Tifany Aching books .

ReplyQuote
carolynreinhart
(@carolynreinhart)
Registered
October 16, 2017 12:31 pm  

Hi

I can't even spell. Mine is called Sophie. It's nice to hear yours is similar - called Sophia. 

Carolyn Reinhart

ReplyQuote
FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
October 16, 2017 3:50 pm  

Sophie/ Sophia are beautiful names. Sophia means wisdom especially relating to holy wisdom :) 

An earthier Sophie was Sophie Tucker. Bette Midler uses a lot of Sophie Tucker's classic jokes, especially in Beaches. Sophie was around in the 20's or 30's on the Vaudeville circuit. I'm sure she hung on into the 60's as a lot of them seemed to.

ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
October 16, 2017 4:44 pm  

Hi, Fred!  When I met with my WOCN a day or two before my big cancer surgery, I had her mark my midriff for my surgeon so he'd know where to put my colostomy.  I wanted it up where I could easily see it and be sure it was well taken care of.  Being as I always wear my shirts and T-shirts untucked, I have used Rosebud as a teaching tool.  After 60+ years on this Earth, I have discovered that my calling is to urge others of a certain age to get to their doctor and get their colonoscopy, telling them that it just might save their life.  I often lift up my shirt and show them my pouch (I wear Hollister closed pouches with the cloth fabric over them so there is really nothing to see except the pouch), and it sure makes an impact.  Several folks have said that they need to do that and I always tell them not to put it off, because I put it off for many years and this is what I got for it.  If I help save even one life, Rosebud will have done her job.  (I'm not shy or bashful and I don't embarrass easily, so Rosebud is a very good teacher.)

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
October 16, 2017 5:02 pm  

I too am pretty 'upfront' ( so many jokes !) about my ostomy. I don't generally volunteer, but if people I know show a REAL interest I also encourage them to get scoped and show them whats what. I was so sick for three and a half years that lots of people noticed when I got my health back and was back out walking in the neighborhood.  I do stress that it can happen to anyone.

Some people want to know how I got it! I am not too happy when people think of patients as victims of their own designs. ( I had UC).

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 8 Next
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register