Community Forums

Mysterious bump?  

RSS

Silver7232
(@silver7232)
Registered
November 22, 2019 3:05 am  

So I've had a colostomy for a about a year and a year and a half now.

I have had no skin issues to speak of this entire time, I've been very lucky. However I now have this bump under my skin immediately next to my stoma. I'm not sure what it is and my appointment with my surgeon isn't for another month.

It is barely painfully but it still does hurt. Any idea?

john68
(@john68)
Registered
November 22, 2019 3:26 am  

Hi Silver and welcome, For peace of mind why not have a stoma nurse take a look 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

VeganOstomy, Dona, Tony and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
November 22, 2019 3:41 am  

Welcome silver7232!

I would certainly follow John's suggestion here. She/he, will be able to get your apt.  moved up if need be and always, better safe then sorry. I hope for the best outcome for you here! Do you have a good home support system?     Linda.

Linda

Dona and Tony liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
November 22, 2019 10:56 am  

Welcome to the forum Silver,

A bump under the skin especially if it is near your stoma should be looked at by a health care professional. Even if its only just a bit painful. I had a hernia there and it felt similar. I'm not saying that what it is, but you should get it checked out. Can you text your doctor? Or stoma nurse if you have access to one. 

It sounds like you are doing great with all this! Please keep posting, always good to have another voice of experience.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

LLNorth liked
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
November 22, 2019 12:10 pm  

Hello Silver, and welcome. My stoma is about the same age as yours! The nurses at my clinic have been so helpful - they have listened to me, made referrals or appointments when needed, and assured. I recommend getting in touch with yours. How I have learned to really appreciate people who work in healthcare.

I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
November 25, 2019 1:08 pm  

Welcome @silver7232

To echo the sentiments of the other members, I do think that having a stoma nurse look at it before your next appointment may be helpful, even if just to ease your mind. Good luck!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register