Community Forums

My first blowout!  

RSS

sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
December 18, 2018 7:22 am  

Hi everyone,

I experienced my first blowout the other day. Fortunately, we had just come back home from a party. My bag was full of gas, and as I bent over to put on my ice cleats over my shoes, my bag went flat. I quickly went into the house and found that my seal had broken, but nothing had leaked thus far. So, I did a quick change. One thing I learned from all this is don't bend over when the bag is full!!! 

Stella

txmaggi1, VeganOstomy, Robert and 1 people liked
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 18, 2018 8:44 am  

Hi Stella, Sorry to hear that but it’s one thing that will happen from time to time. Sounds like you deal well and moved on. 👍

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 22, 2018 11:16 am  
Posted by: sjlovestosing

One thing I learned from all this is don't bend over when the bag is full!!! 

See, there's always a lesson to learn in these situations! I'm glad it was resolved quickly and hope it doesn't happen again  

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

txmaggi1 and LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
December 27, 2018 12:26 am  

Stella, I am not sure what type of bag you use, but I have learned over the years to check often for gas build up. when I was introduced to the this fancy little  Osto EZ Vent, I fell in love. This has made it so I can check for build up while in the car and let the gas out while on our way. Yes, I warn  my driver to open their window. It may seem odd to some to have to do, but  the vent makes it so much easier and it sure eliminates the worry of an unscheduled bag change.

Linda

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
December 30, 2018 7:19 pm  

Thanks again, Linda. I do use a vented bag but keep a shower cover over the vent. I just wasn't in a place where I could easily remove the cover. Thankfully, I just got home when the "accident" happened!

Stella :-) 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register