Holidays  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
December 18, 2018 7:35 am  

Hi everyone,

I hope that you are all doing well this holiday season. I am truly looking forward to Christmas this year. Right now, my gifts are all wrapped and the cookies are baked. I am still trying to figure out what to have for our meal, though. However, I'm not worried as I am a "professional"last minute cook!

I am also looking forward to singing at my church. Our choir is not big - only eight of us - but we do very well with what little we have. Our director's daughter wrote a beautiful Latin Mass, and we will be debuting it at a concert two days before Christmas. It is the most challenging music we've tackled (She has major in music composition) but we have learned a great deal in the four months we've been working on it.

May you all have a joyous holiday - whatever you are celebrating.

God bless!!!

Stella

VeganOstomy, LK, Robert and 1 people liked
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 18, 2018 8:50 am  

Hard to believe another year nearly gone, Good health and Merry Christmas to all my Ostomy buddies 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
December 18, 2018 11:18 am  

I would also like to say Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all my ostomates and a late Happy Hanukkah also . May you all have a safe and Happy New Year

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
danbh
(@danbh)
Registered
December 23, 2018 3:17 pm  

To all my fellow Ostomates, and to Eric who is helping so many of us dealing with our side kicks, I want to wish a very happy holidays, and a happy & healthy new year.

Eric, and the people visiting here are all such wonderful people, willing to help anyone in need.

May we all have an even better year in 2019.

Dan

VeganOstomy, LK and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
December 24, 2018 9:03 am  

Hello and  Happy Holiday season to everyone.

Thanks to Eric for VO and making a safe place where we can help and be helped.

I really appreciate the feeling of community that has been forged here, often out of hardship and fear. Its a real accomplishment . To everyone, I just want to say that sharing your stories and experiences has been a real light in the tunnel for me.

Best wishes to everyone for the new year.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
Raine
(@raine)
Registered
December 24, 2018 1:27 pm  

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Raine

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
December 25, 2018 9:29 am  

Happy Christmas to everyone esp Eric who has given more support to me than any one else since I had my op (total subcolectomy) over 2 years ago , his videos and honest help has made all the difference to my recovery ,

THANKS AGAIN ERIC hope you and your family have a peaceful and healthy Christmas .

ReplyQuote
Raine
(@raine)
Registered
December 25, 2018 1:41 pm  

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a great new year. 

Raine

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
December 27, 2018 12:37 am  

A Merry Belated Christmas and  a very Happy New Year 2019 to all. May  Christmas be a time for memories to share, Joys to celebrate and a New Year full of accomplishments, fun and concurred challenges!  

Stella, I hope your choir was successful in completing their well practiced  evening in church. Is your choir directors name Cheri? 

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 31, 2018 10:18 am  

I hope you all have had a great holiday! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
January 29, 2019 12:26 pm  

Hi all, I have not been on for some time..  but still in touch a bit.. 

As the holidays have arrived,

I am asking for prayers for myself for strength and for my family at this time.  

My son age 44. has developed a liver disease - stage 3.  The Dr. said he has 2 1/2 years to live. As u can possibly understand the shock we r dealing with...……  There is nothing they can do for him.  He  is not a drinker, and has always kept himself within proper eating means. Seems no matter what we do for proper caring for ourselves, a proper functioning  organ fails. As we here on the blog, WE lost an organ, but was replaced with a pouching system.... And many of us have struggled MUCH prior to this system.  God bless you all. 

So another platter is over flowing here, I am asking for support and prayers via the North Star where I can only receive them here, but also in the sky too.  I love the stars...…. 

Thank You.

And God be with you all through your struggles.... This is a good place. 

Marcie. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
January 29, 2019 10:58 pm  

Oh Marcie...can they not even do a liver transplant?  I would get as many second opinions as you can get.  I will keep you all in my prayers and especially your son as he climbs this mountain. Do not ever give up.  I feel so bad for you as your family goes thru this trial by fire.  All the best Marcie.

Linda

Linda

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
January 30, 2019 10:16 am  

Wow ! Marcie I am truly sorry to hear this . Like Linda said get as many second opinions as you can . And as you yourself know don't give up keep fighting !  Of course I am sending you prayers and positive thoughts

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

LK liked
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
January 30, 2019 1:27 pm  

Hi Marcie,

I am truly sorry to hear about your son and the pain you are going through over this. May God bless and support your son and family as well as yourself. With God's help, you will get through this. 

Stella

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Kerby
(@lkerby33)
Registered
January 31, 2019 12:15 am  

Hod Bless Marcie. ..Prayers your way. .

LK liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
January 31, 2019 12:49 am  

Marcie, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope that the strength you've developed through your own personal challenges can help your family through this difficult time  

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
January 31, 2019 3:06 am  

Marcie, That’s a very tough situation. Best thoughts and wishes.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
January 31, 2019 11:04 am  

Thank you ALL-As I requested for myself when I was in healings. Follow my path--

My words through healings or family difficulties are:

You gotta to train your mind to be stronger than your emotions

or

You'll lose yourself every time. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
January 31, 2019 7:32 pm  

Yes Marcie...it is important to be as strong as you can and to also allow the emotions to hit the surface. I remember when I let those emotions hit the surface after we were told my man was in stage four pancreatic cancer. No warning then either. I could hear myself talking but it sounded like...wasn't it Alice I think on the Popeye Cartoons, wahwahwahwahwah she would say, as tho talking in a tin can, that was what I heard when I talked about cancer that day and for about seven months after when we had to talk about it to other people. Sometimes, I had to force myself to breathe.  I was afraid that if I cried I would cry rivers and lakes.  He was supposed to walk our daughter down the isle when she got married. To dance at both their weddings. To grow old together with me and sit in our favorite outdoor chairs holding hands and never letting go,  To be up late at night and watch the stars like we always did.  Maybe catch the northern lights like we did a few times every summer.  Count the coyotes as they run down the street not even seeing us sitting in the darkest part of the yard.  We are all human, and emotions weather being tearful, stoic or strong, they hit the surface eventually.  Tho I remained strong for him, and the kids,  eventually, when we went to bed at night and everyone was asleep, I would sneak out of bed and retreat to the farthest corner of the house, sit on the floor holding a roll of toilet paper, we could not afford Kleenex (lol) and cry to my hearts content.  It felt so good to let those tears finally fall.  You could say it was healing, or, at least working on it!  How you handle this horrible news is being true to yourself.  Sometimes when we have had to be tough for so long, we do not know how not to be untough...is that a word?  That was me.  You love this young man that you raised and you deserve to let yourself cry when you can, not that you have not.  It took me about 7 months before I let those feeling out. Only after I saw him decline in health from his usually, strong, healthy energetic self. Some would say it broke me, but it did not, it crushed me.  I loved him and still do.  I can not imagine having to lose a child no matter the age. You are strong Marcie, you have proved that to all from what you have been thru and what you are going thru.  You will remain strong till you are alone most likely. Strong is a good thing to be when one has to be.  We will be praying for you all and I know you will look after your heart.  I admire your strength lady!  Hugs to you.

Linda

ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
January 31, 2019 10:56 pm  

Best wishes to you and yours, Marcie.

I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register