Life update  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 9, 2020 10:37 am  

@squeakyandliza

Liza, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you must be going through, but I hope that you can at least find solace here. 

LK and SqueakyandLiza liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
March 9, 2020 12:16 pm  

What a lovely picture of you and your dad. You have my heartfelt condolences as well.

This is not an easy time, but hopefully all the good memories will surface and stay with you always.

Do take care of yourself.

ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
March 9, 2020 12:55 pm  

My sympathy to you and your family, Liza. That is such a lovely picture of you and your dad. May sweet memories of your dad, and your family and friends (and that includes us), help support you at this sad time. LL

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
March 9, 2020 2:04 pm  

Eric, Dona and LL,

Thank you so much for you kind messages.  I imagine this will get easier with time, but that is hard to believe right now.  In a way it still doesn't feel real to me.  Saturday night at the Memorial get together we had, I kept watching the door, waiting for my dad to walk in.

LK liked
ReplyQuote
ChrisandBagpus
(@chrisandbagpus)
Registered
March 10, 2020 6:43 am  

Liza

According to Chinese medicine chills are related to the function of the lungs (Wind-cold) the lungs are the organ that controls the emotions of grief if you wake 3 am in morning

Chinese body clock (3-5 am- This is the beginning of the cycle is when the Lungs energy are at their peak. You should be asleep during this part of the cycle, soft deep rhythmic breaths will help us sleep and process emotions. The lungs are linked with emotions such as grief.)

hope this helps

Going for walk in countryside and breathing fresh air helps especially in the morning.

I promise you will in the coming weeks find your dad has left you a gift, I know this happens when someone passes eg. Flowers grow where none we planted that were a particular favorite of that person, a difficulty in life suddenly disappears for no known reason.

I feel for you

Love Light and Magic

Chris

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
March 10, 2020 8:20 am  

Thanks Chris!!

That is so interesting about the lungs and grief. And especially the 3-5 am thing. I have been waking up (the times I have slept at all) during that time every night for a few weeks now. Even this morning, I woke up about 4:30, which without starting Daylight Savings Time on Sunday, would have been 3:30. 🤔

I will definitely keep an eye out for a gift from my daddy and I can’t wait to see what it is!!

LK liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
March 11, 2020 6:27 am  

And like clockwork, I woke up at 3 again this morning. It really is so interesting that there may be an explanation for that. Even before my dad got sick I was doing that. But since I was technically grieving the loss of my colon, and the life I knew, it still all adds up. 

LK liked
ReplyQuote
ChrisandBagpus
(@chrisandbagpus)
Registered
March 12, 2020 6:53 am  

@squeakyandliza

It is more likely that your body instinct knew what was coming just the head and our thinking bit refuses to see what is already there.

On the other hand the colon is the paired organ with the lung in Chinese medicine Zhang Fu organs, dry skin, dry throat, cough all relate to the lungs and the colon.

The first thing in life we do it take a breath the last thing we do is let a breath go, this is why we cry, we sob and shed tears at a loss or a passing. However try to remember each passing is a process of renewal we in time when the raw wound heals have the opportunity to allow new things into our life according to Buddhists 

Be kind to your self Liza let time heal you

Chris

ReplyQuote
danbh
(@danbh)
Registered
March 12, 2020 9:52 pm  

My deepest sympathies to you and your family Liza.

It's always hard to loose a loved one.

Dan

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
March 13, 2020 4:40 am  

Thank you so much, Dan. 🙂

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
March 19, 2020 8:41 pm  

Today is my dad’s birthday, so it has been a rough one. 

Most of us were all together for the Super Bowl before he went into the hospital on Feb 5th. We talked about all (me, my sister, my mom and my dad—and my brother if we could talk him into it) getting tattoos together for Dad’s birthday.  The 5 of us have had an us-against-the-world closeness since we were kids, even after my parents divorced a while back.  

My dad’s favorite birthday dessert was pineapple upside down cake, so anyone who is so inclined, join me in a piece, real or virtual in my dad’s memory. ❤️

LK liked
ReplyQuote
ArchieB
(@archieb)
Registered
March 21, 2020 12:41 pm  

Take care Liza, I always think of the movie Forrest Gump during sad times "Life is like a box of chocolates" and it makes me smile.

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
March 25, 2020 6:00 pm  

Thanks Archie, and everyone for the kind words. 

Today was the first time I picked up my phone and started to call my dad before I remembered he wasn’t there. I feel like the isolation is making this whole thing even more difficult. 

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
March 26, 2020 11:19 am  

Oh Liza, 

I was unaware of your loss. I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing. It's never easy when a loved one leaves us. Both my parents died ten days apart, so l do understand your pain. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless,

Stella

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
March 26, 2020 1:21 pm  
Posted by: @sjlovestosing

Both my parents died ten days apart

I cannot imagine how horrible that would be, Stella. I’m so sorry you had to go through that. 

Some days I do okay, then others, it hits me that he is really gone. It all happened so fast that sometimes it still doesn’t seem real. 

Thanks for your kind words Stella. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2