Clear all

Hello everyone!! The lounge is open!!!  

Page 9 / 30
  RSS

Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 24, 2017 4:02 pm  

Doors are open, they now have an activity set outside--Barbara is swinging away-- Bubbles is waxing the slide with wax paper so it will be faster.. Let her be the first on down.. Robert and John are raking the leaves around the garden-Eric is winterizing his herb garden...... Illoa is hiding bubbles white Z's........ yes, I am the fly on the wall........ :-)

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
November 24, 2017 4:49 pm  

FOR SALE CHEAP! 

One stoma named Stella (you may change name if you wish.)  Low mileage, used on an irregular schedule by a little ole' lady in Spokane, Washington, USA.  She is semi house broken, but occasionally erupts at inopertune times.  Has a tendency to whistle on a whim. This is such a great deal that I will give her to the first good home that applies and include a goodly amount of care supplies.  If interested, contact Barbara % this forum.

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 24, 2017 5:04 pm  

Are you selling your bird?????? IF so, cant have it.. Mr. Poo my cat- well need I say more?? He even attacks light sockets... -don't ask- I don't know why either --- Got a house full as it is. 

Although I may bring Mr. Poo to the lounge for that fly on the wall--- :-)

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
November 24, 2017 7:19 pm  

Hmmm, maybe when Mr. Poo meets Stella sparks will fly 

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 24, 2017 8:29 pm  

Mark has to clean up his skid marks from his wheels tho-- going to put in a basket ball court in so you guys can go one on one-- or 4 on one (mark) I think that guy can move..  Speaking of flying sparks, watch out for that Mark with his new wheel chair!!! AND watch out ladies, Mark is quit the charmer with the ladies--he chase them........ But a gentleman!!!! 

Barbara liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 24, 2017 8:43 pm  

But Mary YOU DID IT  !!!!!!!! In a few days, you will do more after a few days of rest.. They may be some little steps to some, but they are BIG ones for us after surgery  like this--  I have Christmas off- (My younger son is a great cook) so I will relax. dance etc..--except for the "stupid-vising.. :-) "  and the day after, as NO ONE knows where thing go.........  They find it but cant find where they were...... and the counters, stove, sink cleanings- cant forget the floor--  I did all this today after Thanksgiving--when I got home from my club med (infusion) and a small load of laundry of bleaching all the kitchen towels..  that holiday is done..

maryep liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 24, 2017 8:48 pm  

Robert, John, I see lol much that means "Lots OF Love" right? 

Well, I see that you guys are home watching FOOTBALL......  You do know that we have a huge flat screen T.V. here don't you?

And Royal Red it is for the men's "loo" 

Dee Dee is planning on the spring/summer flowers.  And Mary is chopping wood for the fire place this year.  You guys at home with your football!!  Poor Mary------ :-( 

The fly told me....... :-)

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
November 24, 2017 8:56 pm  

Hey Mykirbyroo 

Just letting you know . I made the scalloped corn n everybody loved it ! But there was only one problem ! I didn't have hardly any leftovers !!!!  Lol . Thanks for the recipe  . 

Subtotal colectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 24, 2017 9:10 pm  

Mykiryroo, is busy now Robert......... 

Painting the men's loo........ I was in the ladies lounge tending to Nellie- she didn't like her other dress. I am fast huh?  3 times today!!!!!!!! -- I do go through this once in awhile-except she doesn't tell me what her plans are going to b. Brat!! After all her singing through grace yesterday at the Thanksgiving table, one would think that she would be tired of showing off.!!!  Well, My tummy is still feeling like it has lard in it-after dinner- (no I didn't eat it) anyone else feels this way except Barb?  

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
November 24, 2017 9:12 pm  

Marcie

• That's good lol .  You are a clever one  ! Haha . We will have to turn on that big screen n see what we can find . Royal red is good n I'm glad Dee Dee has the flowers covered covered but tell Mary to take a break we have enough wood for now . I wonder what that fly hears n sees  ? Hey BTW Marcie can we get heated seats in the men's loo ???? 

ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
November 24, 2017 9:25 pm  

You're welcome, Robert.  Am really surprised you had any leftovers at all.  It disappears around here, too.  Am really glad you tried it and that it came out so well for you.  Please pass the recipe around to anyone and everyone who wants it.  It's one of those must have recipes, for sure!

Well, Iowa did avalanche Nebraska today.  Was reading in the on-line Lincoln Journal that probably sometime this weekend, we'll get the verdict on Mike Riley.  I'm pretty sure and would be willing to bet big money that he's gone.  56-14.  Now, there's no excuse for that.  (Last year, Nebraska got beat 60-something to 3, but I can't remember who the opponent was.)  Regardless, I'll sure be glad when Mike Riley leaves Nebraska - the football program AND the state.  I don't think he has any Nebraska fire in his gut.  (The score was all tied at 14 at the half, so I don't know what the Nebraska team was doing in the second half.  I think they were playing tiddlywinks or pinochle!)

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 24, 2017 9:28 pm  

John doesn't like heated seats in public places remember?  But, there is much proper heat ventaltion through out the lounge.  The "loo;s" have more vents and ceiling fans-as there are high ceilings. All stalls are private, and when the door closes a breath of heat and fresh air covers the arrived guest. There are also, dials to direct and change the heatings, to ones pleasures,  But due to the fact that we don't spend that much time in there anymore, (like you guys did on Sundays, with the news paper) The settings I am sure will be a pleasant experience. :-) Now, got to haul Mary back in--getting dark out there-might miss with that axe.... I am sure that her eyes have adjusted to the dark, but not taking any chances......... Gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, she is still wearing sun glass's!!!!!! "What about Mary"  huh? 

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 24, 2017 10:06 pm  

Well, MyKribroo, I just went back and got your recipe for your corn.  Going to try it.. 

When ever Tom and I go for a drive, or out to Ohio, I go for a find of the neighboring areas of their fundraising cookbooks. I have a collections of over 500 books.  And, never saw this one!! 

THen I make up  my own cook book. And this will be added as it is so different and so easy-------- thanks. Marcie....... Done with painting the loo? :) 

ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
November 24, 2017 10:24 pm  

I wasn't paying attention to your words, Marcie, so I went back and copied the "recipe" to maybe make life just a bit easier for you!  I practice my K.I.S.S. philosophy every day, all day, and thought I'd use it to help you out.  Oh, well.  (Here it is again, anyway!!!)

1 can cream corn

1 can whole kernel corn

1 tube/pack of saltine crackers (crushed but not pulverized!)

1 can of milk (use one of the corn cans)

2 eggs (beaten)

NO extra salt or pepper are necessary (unless you want them in it).

Put it all in an 8 x 8 square baking dish and bake it for an hour to an hour and a half at 350.  Every oven is different - mine cook hot.  I like it baked almost solid, so I bake mine for about an hour and a half.  Makes it nice and golden brown on top, too!  Husband and I will eat most all of the whole dish of it along with a small steak, meatloaf, or pork chop with apple sauce.

Glad I'm not the only one who has an extensive cookbook collection.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my cookbooks.  And, surprisingly, I refer to them quite often - especially when I just want to make something different.  This one has a great recipe for that, and the other one has a real good recipe my husband really likes, etc., etc.  One of these years, I'm going to make every recipe in my Italian cookbook!!!!  Italian food is my all-time favorite - every bit of it!!!!  I'd love to find the recipe for cannolis (sp?) like a tiny Italian pastry shop in Albany, NY makes.  Don't even know if it's even still in business - was 35, maybe 40 years ago when I was there.  BEST cannolis I've ever had in my entire life!!!!

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 24, 2017 10:44 pm  

Thank You!! your a sweet heart to do this.. Yes, I copied it down and typed it and sent it to me and then printed it out.. That is how much I can handle  my computer skills..  sad huh? 

After I came home from the hospital 3 years ago- I thought that I would die again, so when I got my strength back, I made my own cook book for my family..  I kinda ripped into them so to speak.. :-) 

Still trying to get my things in order.......  Odd, the way a mind thinks when that happens huh?  

I am sure that restaurant is still in place or someplace else- Those are family run--I miss going to N.Y.C.  I would go 2 times a year.. Just hop on a bus and go-------  Should have done more sight seeing-- Ground zero-- I saw Ground Zero just after it happened from the bridge before they put up the walls and fences.. Not good memories on that one!! Sad. how we take things for granted-like "I will do that next year" well, its over for me now.. I really wanted to pay my respects as I have friends that lost their 24 year old son there..  And my respects to the others and the first responders.  You have to make an appointment now to get in there..  I always ask "do they have a lot of bathrooms there?" when people come back..  Just incase I ever feel up to it, I can take a train, and just do that.. (that will drive  my husband nuts for sure-he worries about me - but now? "you cant go to the beach to far- bla bla but I sneak it anyway.. :-)   hour drive.. big deal!!!     *thanks again, Marcie............  

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 24, 2017 10:45 pm  

My words???  

Do u mean the painting of the loo?  go backwards into the lounge with me and Robert... 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 25, 2017 12:40 pm  

Tony!!!!!!!!  Thanks-- SO MUCH.. I love this guy!!! This is a positive for the lounge!! Got it playing all morning and will continue........ yes, dancing too--  Marcie is happy....... :-)

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 29, 2017 6:46 pm  

To: My  "Z" and John, I thank you for your support of helping and hearing me out with my lost weight gain etc.  Very good suggestions.. I am at my wits end now-and I think with your kind thoughts and help I am now ready to go forward to trying something on the medicine side now--  I'm  mentally stable now, and can make proper decisions..  A few years ago? no....  I was a mess........ Time healings and anti-depresants helped me get back on track of my health--  A healthy mind is a healthy body.. or acceptance of this anyways.. Did not like Nellie at all!! To much death ill-- shock-- Thank You All if I forgot anyone.. I am blessed to have you.. 

Who knows I might be singing "Puff the Magic Dragon" :-) 

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
November 29, 2017 7:27 pm  

Marcie definitely try the corn . Good stuff ! 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
November 29, 2017 8:29 pm  

Want to make me cross eyed there Robert??  All I need is a big blockage..  Maybe things just got stuck around the edges, and had to have a good clean out for this past week. Not normal-but will keep a check on it.. I have to much to do--It's Christmas!!!!!! 

***       Santa is really a woman"       ***        

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 30