Notifications
Clear all

Happy Weekend

SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
Topic starter  

Hello ostopals!

I am in my happy place!!  The Oregon Coast. The rain hasn’t started yet, but is forecasted for the rest of the weekend. But my philosophy is “a rainy day at the beach is better than a sunny day at home”. Even doing an ostomy change seems better at the beach. And I am going to experiment with going in a hot tub since the condo we rented has one on the deck overlooking the ocean. My ostomy nurse gave me some samples of tapes I could use to tape down my wafer. And I will time it as well as I can with output and make sure my bag is empty going in. This will be my first time in a hot tub since I’ve had Squeaky. 

My husband and I come to the beach every April to celebrate the anniversary of when we started dating. This year is 30 years!!  ❤️❤️

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

zhtfreak, VeganOstomy, Tigerlily and 3 people liked
Lynne
(@lynne)
Registered

I love the Oregon coast!  What a fun weekend you have planned.  I bet your hot tub adventure goes off without a hitch.  Happy Anniversary! :-)

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
Topic starter  

@lynne

Thanks Lynne!  Do you have a favorite place to go?  In college we went to Newport which is right over from Corvallis. Then we started going to Seaside with a day shopping in Cannon Beach. And Seaside is where we got married in 2007. I think about 2002, we graduated from Seaside to Lincoln City for our annual trips. 😀 We make a trip to Tillamook every few years to visit the cheese factory.   And we also like to go to Pacific City to the Pelican Brew Pub. Maybe I should get a job for the Oregon’s coast tourism department. 😂😂

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

ReplyQuote
Lynne
(@lynne)
Registered

@squeakyandliza You should! :-)  We've been several times to Cannon Beach and I have great memories of just wandering along the backroads, the lighthouse.  The cheese factory was fun too!  I'll have to check out Lincoln City.  My last Oregon trip (down from Seattle) was Eugene.  Oregon is all around beautiful. :-)

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

Liza....make sure you get enough beach & away time for all of us that are there in heart & mind!! lol!  

I  imagine the hot tub is a pretty wonderful experience from your long open wound. 

Ssshhhh...don't tell hubbby its Sunday already..... 😢

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

I hope your weekend went well!

My son and I went for a scooter ride on Friday evening along a waterfront trail (Lake Ontario) and there must have been TRILLIONS of gnats flying around - like you could literally see CLOUDS of them! While we did have motorcycle helmets on, we had to stop every few minutes to get the thousands of them off our jackets. 

So many unfortunate souls were riding bikes or walking without any face protection. I'm sure it wasn't pleasant for them. 

We went on the same trail the next day and they were gone. I'm guessing they enjoy being out at dusk. 

It's nice getting out in the sun. We still have some pretty strict COVID measures in place (which so many people are still ignoring) but we are diligent with masks, distancing, and handwashing. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
Topic starter  

@veganostomy

talk about an added benefit of wearing a mask. 😂 I hate gnats!!  I like to walk around my neighborhood and there is one specific spot that always has a swarm of them. Usually they seem random but this spot really attracts them, so now I walk in the street for that little stretch to avoid them. 

We have so many people here also ignoring Covid protocols. And then these are the same people who are the first to complain when things get shut down again. 

I’m glad you and your son had a chance to get out for some recreation.  Sounds like a lot of fun!!

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

ReplyQuote