February 24, 2020 5:08 pm  

Wonderful stuff you all should be very proud 

LLNorth liked
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
February 24, 2020 6:24 pm  

@sjlovestosing only 5” tall and jointed? Oh, my, these are adorable!

ReplyQuote
dieffenk
(@dieffenk)
Registered
February 24, 2020 10:48 pm  

@glenn-giroir

hi glenn, my wife and I are going to Songbirds museum, in Chattanooga. They have all types of of guitars from all over. It is suppose to be really nice. This will be my first outing since my surgery. Back to try and do some traveling.

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
February 29, 2020 6:33 am  

Glen.. Thankyou for sharing this piece of art! Such stunning beautiful work. I love the wood grain in all wood and find knots to be just as lovely.  Tho I do tole painting, I truly have issues with painted wood covering such lines, swirls and colours! .

Stella,  your sewing abilities are wonderful. Who doesn't love a bunny. On the farm a  bunny sighting was a source of joy in the tall  grasses and dining on the freshness of cut grass.

LLNorth, I'll place my order for a blue apron and one in red for Christmas. I wear an apron all the time when cooking and baking and do sew my own simple skirt apron.  I have never seen a apron  pattern so nice as that one tho!

Liza, gorgeous piece work! my 1st sewing project at school, in grade 9 was a simple quilt. I got the best grade in the  whole class. We used that quilt in our home for a good 45 yrs, starting with my bed...way back then in the early 70's.  Over the years, cutting back lovingly worn and frayed fabric, making  the quilt smaller all the time. One 10" by 10" center square surrounded by many smaller ones with 4 strips surrounding that. All placed side by side for width and for length.   Put together from worn out clothes my siblings and I had used.

Anyone else  heard the phrase, "Busy Hands,  Happy Heart".?

Gentlemen...surely Glen is not the only male out there with a craft of hobby. Show or tell us of your secret powers. I'm sure we would all like to know  what you do to rest your mind when you have time. My father used to tie fish hooks and make them look a lot less  dangerous and trap like, covered with feathers. My uncle won wood carving competitions for birds and ducks, another for kite flying & making. Sewing  kniting and crocheting are all lovely crafts and talents too. I would love to hear and or see, what you enjoy doing. There is nothing wrong with writing either...I have awards and am published in Poetry. Hmmm, this is a safe place if I've told you that! Lol. LLNorth? Anything to add? Eric produces videos with and maintains a website.

Good topic topic Glen.

Linda

LLNorth liked
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
February 29, 2020 10:57 am  

@dlkfiretruck Linda,  I enjoy writing, too, and making things, agree with “busy hands, happy heart”. Hope you are doing well. LL

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 2, 2020 2:36 pm  
Posted by: @llholiday

I like to sew aprons - trying to upload a picture.

1582487335-F36EE868-D287-4E7A-8383-E6F0E100BF6C.jpeg

If you ever has some spare time, making ostomy pouch covers could be a fun addition to the hobby :) 

LLNorth liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: