Finally made it to Canada

8 Posts
6 Users
12 Likes
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,

This past weekend, my hubby and I went with my brother and wife up to Canada to visit her relatives in Sherbrooke. What beautiful country it is! The surprising thing was, though Canada is further north than we are, the fall foliage was at peak! Our leaves had already begun to fall.

Before going to Sherbrooke, we went to a sweet little village called Hatley. We had a lovely lunch at a restaurant that overlooked the water - Pilson's I  believe. We also went up to see my sister-in-law's cousin's home and enjoyed Black Forest cake. Was that ever good. 

Anyway, considering my mother's mother was born and raised in Gaspe, Canada, I figured it was about time I went up there!

Stella

Emma, LK, SqueakyandLiza and 3 people reacted
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

That's awesome! 

I haven't been that far into Quebec, but I know that area is beautiful. Glad you had a chance to visit it!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK, SqueakyandLiza and Tony reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Hi Stella, lovely to hear. I have to say Autumn is my favourite time of year.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK, SqueakyandLiza and Tony reacted
ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

Stella,

That sounds like such a fun trip!!  I’ve been to Canada a couple times, but only British Columbia. I would like to see more. I agree it is a lovely country. How far a drive was it? Or did you fly?

I agree about Autumn. It is such a nice time of year. The chill in the air after the hot summer, and all the colors when the leaves turn. Only problem here is it doesn’t last long enough. It feels like we can go from summer to winter within a month. 

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Stella, Welcome to Csnada! l am so glad you had a nice time. Any  drive is made so much more pleasant when the trees are showing their colours in Fall. God is an amazing artist!

Linda

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,

I always enjoy every season no matter what. However, I must admit that fall shows all the trees true colors! The drive only takes about 50 minutes to get over the border and about an hour more to Sherebrooke. The border crossing wasn't bad at all. We only had 8 boxes of "Ah, Caramel" to claim when we went back to the U.S. Lee and I  had one box and my brother and sister-in-law had 7 to deliver to family. We can only get these treats (my first experience with them) in Canada. Judy's cousin picks them up for her whenever a request is made. 

Stella

P.S. I agree wholeheartedly with you on God's artistry, Linda!

ReplyQuote
Emma
 Emma
(@emma)

Hi Stella,

Canada is my home country and am so glad you had such a wonderful visit.

I lived in Vermont and worked in New Hampshire for 20 years and came home (Richmond Hill...just outside of Toronto). I adored the Eastern US and love where I am now :-)

Hope you're able to come back someday (jus not in the winter lol).

Laurie Connors

ReplyQuote
Emma
 Emma
(@emma)

@squeakyandliza

I know! We seemed to have lost our Spring and Fall! 

Laurie Connors

ReplyQuote