Clear all

On the road again

8 Posts
5 Users
27 Likes
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Topic starter  

I have been doing quite a bit of driving and overnights for my work this past month or so. This last one involved staying two nights at someone’s house. Had my own bathroom but I was still so nervous - didn’t want anyone to know I have an ostomy (thinking about Dogtalkerer’s conversation - my ostomy May or May not be a disability but it would not be considered an asset here!) but things worked out just fine. I am getting to be pretty good at this. Bragging ....

Colostomy 4/30/18.
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

VeganOstomy, LK, Tony and 2 people reacted
(@john68)

That’s brilliant too hear, As time goes by the ostomy just becomes part of who you are and normal life ?

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Good for you! My first experience away from home was at my brother's home. It was a good first time away, and it helped to prepare me for Bermuda!

Stella

SqueakyandLiza and LK reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Awesome news! ? I so  agree with John and anyone else who feels it is just another part of your life.  Like a new pair of shoes?? every few days! Lol!  It is on the fun side to keep  such a  secret ???and to show the ?world this can be done. We all know active? "disease" ????? has it's own  ?consequences.  Your living proof ?that when all is well, you can throw your hat ?? in the air,? spin and ?sing away! Way To Go Mary! Lol.

Stella, ?Bermuda! ⛱Wow! If  l could travel ? wise, l would in the seat next ? to you! Look at our? Eric ? who paved ? the way into a better reality? one step at a time⌛. Thank you to our?? ?travelling people who share your ?stories! ? l love❤ to hear them❣

(Hehehe!?)

Linda

Tony, SqueakyandLiza, john68 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Topic starter  

Thank you, everybody - I will admit here to a couple of challenges - like almost forgetting my car keys in a public bathroom stall because I was juggling everything while emptying, and leaving the flip top open on the little bottle I keep M9 drops in (luckily I keep this in a ziplock bag) - but overall this is going okay.

Colostomy 4/30/18.
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

LK, Tony, SqueakyandLiza and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Very easily done, one morning not so long ago I was heading out the door when I realised I had not put a new clip on my bag!! Now that’s just stupid ?

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK, LLNorth, Tony and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

Posted by: @dlkfiretruck

I so  agree with John and anyone else who feels it is just another part of your life.  Like a new pair of shoes?? every few days! Lol! 

Linda, I so love your enthusiasm!!  But, I can’t quite see my ostomy as a new pair of shoes every few days. ?? Do you remember how fun new shoes are??  Now I want to go get new shoes. Lol

I love hearing stories of people living life with an ostomy. I hope to get back to my normal life. Though until my wound heals, I am dependent on my husband who changes the dressing for me. 

Bermuda sounds awesome Stella!!

LL—I am happy to hear of your independent traveling. Way to go!!

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

LK, LLNorth and Tony reacted
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Linda, did you find out how to use your emojis?   I got such a kick out of your post!?

Stella

LK and SqueakyandLiza reacted
ReplyQuote