Community Forums

On the road again  

RSS

LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
October 16, 2019 2:05 pm  

I have been doing quite a bit of driving and overnights for my work this past month or so. This last one involved staying two nights at someone’s house. Had my own bathroom but I was still so nervous - didn’t want anyone to know I have an ostomy (thinking about Dogtalkerer’s conversation - my ostomy May or May not be a disability but it would not be considered an asset here!) but things worked out just fine. I am getting to be pretty good at this. Bragging ....

I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

VeganOstomy, LK, IleosTony and 2 people liked
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 16, 2019 2:27 pm  

That’s brilliant too hear, As time goes by the ostomy just becomes part of who you are and normal life 👍

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
October 17, 2019 8:54 am  

Good for you! My first experience away from home was at my brother's home. It was a good first time away, and it helped to prepare me for Bermuda!

Stella

SqueakyandLiza and LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
October 17, 2019 11:34 am  

Awesome news! 🎆 I so  agree with John and anyone else who feels it is just another part of your life.  Like a new pair of shoes👞👠 every few days! Lol!  It is on the fun side to keep  such a  secret 🙈🙉🙊and to show the 🌍world this can be done. We all know active💩 "disease" 💉💊🧻🚽🛏 has it's own  🧯consequences.  Your living proof 🔬that when all is well, you can throw your hat 👒🎩 in the air,🥏 spin and 🎶sing away! Way To Go Mary! Lol.

Stella, 🛫Bermuda! ⛱Wow! If  l could travel 💰 wise, l would in the seat next 🛸 to you! Look at our🦉 Eric 🎢 who paved 🛣 the way into a better reality👣 one step at a time⌛. Thank you to our🧭🛫 🛸travelling people who share your 📖stories! 😘 l love❤ to hear them❣

(Hehehe!🤣)

Linda

IleosTony, SqueakyandLiza, john68 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
October 17, 2019 2:04 pm  

Thank you, everybody - I will admit here to a couple of challenges - like almost forgetting my car keys in a public bathroom stall because I was juggling everything while emptying, and leaving the flip top open on the little bottle I keep M9 drops in (luckily I keep this in a ziplock bag) - but overall this is going okay.

I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

LK, IleosTony, SqueakyandLiza and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 17, 2019 2:11 pm  

Very easily done, one morning not so long ago I was heading out the door when I realised I had not put a new clip on my bag!! Now that’s just stupid 😂

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK, LLNorth, IleosTony and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
October 17, 2019 5:40 pm  
Posted by: @dlkfiretruck

I so  agree with John and anyone else who feels it is just another part of your life.  Like a new pair of shoes👞👠 every few days! Lol! 

Linda, I so love your enthusiasm!!  But, I can’t quite see my ostomy as a new pair of shoes every few days. 😂😂 Do you remember how fun new shoes are??  Now I want to go get new shoes. Lol

I love hearing stories of people living life with an ostomy. I hope to get back to my normal life. Though until my wound heals, I am dependent on my husband who changes the dressing for me. 

Bermuda sounds awesome Stella!!

LL—I am happy to hear of your independent traveling. Way to go!!

-Liza
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

LK, LLNorth and IleosTony liked
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
October 18, 2019 11:02 am  

Linda, did you find out how to use your emojis?   I got such a kick out of your post!🤣

Stella

LK and SqueakyandLiza liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register