Community Forums

Felicity's Hospital Room  

Page 7 / 8 Prev Next
  RSS

Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
December 10, 2017 8:11 am  

When that happened to me,  after months of aggrevation, the wound care nurses pulled out bits of foam that someone pushed in too deep. 

(Not the whole story. )

Take care and heal. You're on the other side. The after side.

Look forward!  Think how you can help someone else. 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 10, 2017 10:35 am  

Hope this does not get infected !! Well, back to your sitting and stay put position.. You have been through so much, maybe this is just your insides getting settled? 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 10, 2017 10:47 am  

You all are so strong-- I never want to go through this !! So happy that you have us here for help and understandings, and support.. Don't even think of "work" right now--  You will get back there when you get there.. No need to stress out with that right now-- 

John, what you wrote was from your heart..  And perfect.. No readings between the lines what comes within the heart.. I thank you--M.

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
December 10, 2017 12:45 pm  

No interest in going back to work yet. Still uncomfortable getting up, could not chase my olds around like this.

This draining is a normal thing, something that happens sometimes. As long as it is not thick and creamy/ smelly/ off colored accompanied by inflammation and redness it's alright. If any of those were present it would be time to contact the Dr.

Crohn's Colitis, Ilieostomy, Proctocolectomy November 2017

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 10, 2017 12:58 pm  

Your a smart cookie, and your on top of everything..  And you know your Oscar and his habits of approvals and not so-- At least u have that behind you (no pun intended) But speaking of?? How is that healing?  Feeling better today?  

This has been a long haul for me and us, as we all waited for months of this operation and now, hoping that you heal properly, and back on your fish flops soon!!! Send us some pictures of yourself and James.. Ya, we will take at peak of Oscar as he heals too- Might just help some else out down the road. 

What a team we are together huh??????????  We know where it is at.. and why.. Your blessed lately Felicity.. you know that don't you?  M.

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
December 11, 2017 3:14 pm  

Felicity when it starts getting close to time to go back to work and you don't feel up to it you tell the Doc you need more time . Don't rush it n hurt yourself .

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 11, 2017 4:03 pm  

She's not going any place.. Not her first Barb-O-Q....... I suggested she make some visits before she makes up her mind on that.. Get out of the house, and sit with them and talk a bit.. Have a lunch with them--She is good at her job, and this will be fun for her (I think) It is a fast pacing job-I used to help people in her job.. Trust me it can be a race..--never a dull moment.. But I loved it.. Got to be fast on your feet!! But they are so sweet!!!!! :-)

Between her and Barbara, these past few months... my goodness!!! Where is Barb anyways???? 

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
December 11, 2017 10:24 pm  

Barb is here. Just hanging out in the back and watching all the fireworks going on here. It's fun evening and I think it's going to get better as the night goes on. Still waiting for a grand slam myself guess I'll have to go hijack the car and head out there and bring a couple back

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
December 12, 2017 12:31 pm  

Hey Barbara I thought maybe you were still making snow angels ! No need to hijack the car I'll pick you up I still have a couple coupons stashed away ! :-)

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 12, 2017 12:58 pm  

Evening Felicity, good to see you posting, ye still making progress. You said you had snow we have had a little as well.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 12, 2017 1:54 pm  

THe grand slams are by the table next to the door guys!!!!!!!!!  Going like hot cakes too!! Ah, there is something about Mary--- huh?  She is handing them out like they were gold.. 

I decided to re-paint the men's bath---No one like the royal red..Wait until you see this!!!!!!!! It has its own sitting area, and large triple French doors and a huge arched window over them.. But nope, you guys just complain it is to bright!! Want something more man like.. O,K, then that u will get........... 

I see the snow melted on the south side of the lounge.. John and Tony are dressed a elf's.. decorating the fire pit area... OH the spirit  !!!!!!!! Having the food share (that I am a big fan of) and Santa for the kids, Robert u can be Santa this time.. This is for the family's of distress.. This is an all day affair....... Our family here are kindly recommended to join in and help--Eric is picking up the donated coats now, I brought  tooth brushes and fun tooth paste for the kids and parents--  Anyone?????????? 

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
December 12, 2017 3:00 pm  

You are on!!!pick me up asap 

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
December 14, 2017 3:35 pm  

Been hanging out with the Boston Babes, watching TV and walking during commercials. I stand straighter every day, less need to support the belly.

James is taking some extra days off before and after Christmas. He will be able to be with me during my first days at home. His current employment ends at the end of the month. Thankfully we have some cushion but he usually has a new job before the current one ends.

Tomorrow I see Dr B and we figure out when I go back without restrictions. Might see about a week of half days so I can build up a little. Tonight I shall wash my hair and get it to dry nicer. I let it do what it wanted after washing it last. Wild wild hair going on.

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
December 14, 2017 4:39 pm  

Good news Felicity!

Sometimes standing up straight, holding in your gut and having clean hair is all its about! Be well ( and weller).

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 14, 2017 5:09 pm  

Felicity, Every day is more progress. Take care

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
December 14, 2017 7:42 pm  

Step by step,  you make progress . Look forward. See where you are going. 

Once a week,  look back and measure how much you have accomplished. Then, look forward .

Hup,2,3,4.

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
December 14, 2017 8:55 pm  

Felicity  best wishes to you and James with his job and your recovery  

You are doing great ! 

ReplyQuote
FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
December 15, 2017 8:14 pm  

Saw Dr B today. The areas where I am leaked from had open areas that were skinned over and filled w fluid. He opened them up using a qtip... So not fun. He inserted a little wick like dressing to encourage drainage, both are in the area of one inch of gauze ribbon tape. I'm to change that 2 times a day.

Over all I am healing well. He trimmed some of my stitches on my backside. I see him again in 2 more weeks. We'll discuss back to work then.

Stopped for fine tipped tweezers and paper tape so I can do the changes easily and bandage them over. Called work to let them know I'm not back yet then snored on the sofa for a bit. 

Made a cream cheese ball and ate a good chunk of that with crackers. 1 brick cream cheese, chop/mince pastrami, finely sliced green onions all mixed together. I like to use some Beau Monde seasoning salt or Tony Chachers Cajun Seasoning at home. Apply to Club Crackers and chow down.

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
January 9, 2018 12:33 pm  

Hi Felicity, just a quick hi and hope you keeping well.

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
January 15, 2018 4:42 pm  

Oh Felicity I didn't think anyone had had tunneling before but me. I know what you mean that hurt like hell when he grabbed out of a Q-tip and started digging around in there. I am was laying on the bed while he was doing that I took my hands I reached up gripped him about the throat and asked him to tell me when he couldn't talk or breathe at which point he stopped ha I was thinking very seriously if changing the name of this from Felicity is felicity's hospital room to Barbara hospital room I'm back in the hospital again as I think I told you this is the 4th time and several months now this time with a case of a diabetic ketoacidosis I bet it is really nice because your breath is all fruity and nice that's how they know it's ketoacidosis. Anyway I was just thinking that you are the one who deserves all the Kudos as I sit here and stare at my little red suitcase on rollers that has all my ostomy supplies in it. Very glad that I have it because they've got those damn Hollister ones here again and I can't stand those things I hate the clip at the bottom of it when I hate the Tupperware thing even worse cuz I can't clip it shut cuz I've got because I've got rheumatoid arthritis. By the way those are too cute pups you've got I think they were yours is I was flashing past. Hope you're doing better. They told me that I may get to go home tomorrow but I may have to also go down to rehab for a while. How to take a little picture here out my Hospital window so you can see what Spokane Washington looks like or as much of it as I get to see you anymore

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 8 Prev Next
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register