Community Forums

Fall Days and Pies  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS

SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
November 13, 2019 9:10 pm  

Linda - I’m pretty sure you are correct about Little House on the Prairie. I also had the books and watched the tv show. 😀

I like the snow, but I would really love a little more Autumn before we go full on into Winter. I have to admit though, after the changing colors of Autumn, the white of snow and frost in winter is the next prettiest. 

-Liza
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

Tony and LK liked
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
November 13, 2019 9:48 pm  

Much of the Little House on the Prairie series was set in southern Minnesota - I do love those books. The family moved quite regularly, finally settling in North Dakota, and then Laura and her husband moved to Missouri, where they stayed. My daughters and I are sort of junkies about this. Not experts, more like fan girls.

I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
November 14, 2019 11:48 am  

What  a hoot! Who would have guessed such a thing. The little house story is a wholesome family event and my daughter loved the books also. She still has them and all child hood books I purchased   for reading to all the kids that I baby sat  and helped raise till they were ready for kindergarten. Such a priviledge to read a story to children and have them listen intently. So glad you shared this! Thankyou!

Linda

LLNorth and Tony liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
November 14, 2019 12:17 pm  

@squeakyandliza

It's been snowing for like three days straight here in Toronto! Winter came early, but it better leave early too! LOL

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
November 14, 2019 2:51 pm  

It's been snowing here in Northern VT. Last week, some areas got 8 to 12 inches. We got maybe, four. However, as I type this it has been snowing for over an hour. Where we are in the North East Kingdom, we get a gradual build up but the snos lasts until April or May.  Today seems like a good day for pie baking!

Stella

Tony and LLNorth liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
November 14, 2019 6:34 pm  

No snow here yet (knock on wood).  Last year we got a couple feet, but it was all in February.  We usually travel for the holidays, so I always like it if the snow can wait til January.  🤞

What kind of pie are you making, Stella?  I was thinking I might make my hubby a banana cream pie.  He has really stepped up for me this week dealing with a really sad situation and I want to thank him.  😀❤️

-Liza

Tony liked
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
November 15, 2019 12:19 pm  

Liza,

I am ashamed to say that I didn't bake a pie yesterday. I had come back from some hospital tests and didn't feel much like baking. However, it sure seemed like a good day for it!

What a good wife you are to bake a special treat for your hubby. I am sure he enjoyed it.🥧

Stella

Tony liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
November 15, 2019 1:24 pm  

@sjlovestosing

Stella, I didn’t make my pie either. I ended up talking to my mom on the phone for a long time and didn’t get around to it. He will be gone most of the day tomorrow playing in a golf tournament so I will do it then. 😀

-Liza

Tony liked
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:

Please Login or Register