Christmas Treats  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS

Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
December 5, 2017 4:01 pm  

Hi Marcie

Gravy rings are donuts Lol :-) . Its one of the Irish terms John taught me . Lol Felicity is quite today hope all went well with the stent and she is just resting .

Think positive for tomorrow hopefully the Doc will give you some good info .

Subtotal colectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 5, 2017 4:35 pm  

Gravy rings and egg nog, now that sounds like a good night but a BAD morning after

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 5, 2017 4:48 pm  

Seriously? donuts???????????? I was way off!! I was thinking of a big mess of something! 

Felicity is proberly looking for her fish flops.. hopefully anyways. and not going through any more medical issues.. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

Zvitusk and Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
December 5, 2017 7:39 pm  
Posted by: john68

Now their is some thing I have never had, Egg Nog!

Yes it's delicious straight or with a little Burbon or Captain Morgan spiced rum . 

Try it Ssssssooooooooo good 

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
December 5, 2017 8:01 pm  

Marcie yup just donuts . Lol . :-)

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 5, 2017 8:11 pm  

Poor John, He would never make it over here with that order.  OR we over there.. When we visited Europe, I just pointed at other peoples food. And used a language guide (which was not very helpful) Can go a good 2 hours drive and the language changes a bit and as we went further, changed even more.. But, beautiful over there.. cobble stone roads, cottages, pubs, the history.  :-) 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
FelicityG
(@felicityg)
Registered
December 6, 2017 6:52 am  

Pizzelle are very thin Lacey cookies, anise flavored traditionally made in a press. 

Pfefferneusseare a soft spicy German cookie usually with a glazed icing shell or powdered sugar. Kind of sort of like gingerbread.

I found a blackberry liquorice cordial at the local international market. Tasty stuff. 

Crohn's Colitis, Ilieostomy, Proctocolectomy November 2017

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 6, 2017 8:12 am  

On the gravy ring saga, even over here the younger generation is starting to know them as donuts, My  Dad when in for a coffee and asked the young girl for coffee and a gravy ring! she looked at him as if he had 2 heads and replied we don,t sell gravy rings. he replied they are right behind you! Had to laugh when she said so you want a donut!

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
December 6, 2017 1:35 pm  

Yup, those youngsters who think that they know it all are usually pretty short in the brain Department. If they can't touch a button on their cell phone they don't have a clue.

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 6, 2017 1:43 pm  

Hi Barbara, They don,t make them like us any more Barbara, at Christmas ye we got a big stick with a nail in it ! Hours of fun LOL. How you been keeping

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
December 6, 2017 1:53 pm  

Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse.  But I am always amazed at the simple things  (like counting back change when you make a cash purchase. )  i gave a young girl $1.02 for a $.97 purchase. She actually spent 2 or 3 minutes staring into space to figure out she owed me a nickel change. I wonder how some graduate from high school. 😨

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 6, 2017 2:09 pm  

Giving change reminds me of a shop my Mum took me to for shoes, they had an air pipe system for the money. at the tile the girl would take the money put it in a tube with the tag of the purchase. it was put into the pipe which sucked it away to the main office. they took the money and did the same back with the change. Now try telling that to the younger ones lol

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
December 6, 2017 3:18 pm  

That's really good!! I am slowly getting on and feeling a bit better. Stella thinks she runs my life (hmmm can I borrow your stick and nail??) But I will get her under control. My big issue is figuring what is going to give me problems on a particular day: i.e. will it be Stella, or my RA, or the poly myalgia rheumatica, or my glucose numbers. Or all of the above all at once.  Marcie is always telling me how strong ostomates are, and she is right. We have to be strong. Anyway, Geseende Kersfees, julle!!

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
December 6, 2017 3:20 pm  

They would never figure it out and would think thw tube had dissappeared into the great Ether...

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 6, 2017 3:28 pm  

Glad to hear that, every day brings us some thing new and just sort that day never worry about the rest, but never be afraid to share.

ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
December 8, 2017 12:04 am  

Hi, Eric!!!  I have a terrible weakness for clementines (tangerines, Halos, Mandarins, whatever you call them) and gobble them up like candy!!!  I always eat two, at least once a day -- sometimes two times a day!  Can't keep my hands off them!!!

I used to be quite the Christmas cookie baker and used to make TONS and TONS of cookies, but am not going to do that this year.  Am going to give the neighbors peanut brittle.  We like it around here and I'm hoping the neighbors don't have a peanut allergy.

Merry Christmas, all!

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 8, 2017 12:49 am  
Posted by: mykirbyroo

Hi, Eric!!!  I have a terrible weakness for clementines (tangerines, Halos, Mandarins, whatever you call them) and gobble them up like candy!!!  I always eat two, at least once a day -- sometimes two times a day!  Can't keep my hands off them!!!

We've been buying them by the case (multiple cases, in fact) and probably eat 4 a day. My son is eating at least 6 a day! 😂😂 

They are very cheap right now, so I don't mind splurging a bit on them 😀

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
December 8, 2017 1:08 am  

Eric, I always try to eat at least 5 fruits and 5 veggies a day, and I have to admit that the clementines are my all-time favorite!  Am thrilled silly your son loves them, too!!!  Get kids hooked on fruits and veggies early and they'll love them all their lives.  Have been scouring the grocery ads looking for a sale on them.  They've been about $4 for a 3-pound bag, but the price should go down as we get further into the season for them; although I don't really care what they cost -- I'm still going to buy them!!!!

Best wishes!!!!

Ann in Nebraska

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
December 8, 2017 11:39 am  

Mykirbyroo ah ha I finally see your name . Good Morning Ann easy for me to remember its my daughters middle name . Oh and the peanut brittle my Mom used to make that it would never last to long . Wonder if that's a mid west thing ? She also used to make chocolate covered cherries and divinity with or without walnuts I preferred without . And sugar cookies with powdered sugar frosting we would all set around and frost them and of course if one just happened to break we would have to eat it !!!!

ReplyQuote
mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
December 8, 2017 1:15 pm  

Good afternoon, Robert.  (It's 5 after 12 here.  Time for lunch.)  My mother (God bless her!) used to bake and bake and bake every Christmas.  She'd make all kinds of cookies and the cut-outs were our favorites.  She'd frost them and put sprinkles, little cinnamon candies, nonpariels, and they were so pretty and colorful.  She'd get out the cookie press and make lots of different shapes with sprinkles on top.  Us 4 kids would get home from school, get a big glass of milk and sit at the kitchen table and just GOBBLE up the cookies!!!!!  SO GOOD!!!!

After my folks retired and moved to the Sarasota/Bradenton area in Florida, us kids would all go to Florida for Christmas.  I remember one Christmas, Ma made chocolate chip cookies.  She must have baked for two days because she had Tupperware containers chock FULL of cookies.  There were 4 gallons of milk in the fridge, and when we descended on the house en masse, the milk and cookies disappeared while we all sat around the kitchen table and yakked.  Good times!!!  Great memories!!!!!!!

Your mother had the touch to make divinity.  Ma never made it, but I sure did enjoy it when I was offered some.  It melts - literally MELTS - in your mouth.  I like it without nuts, too!  Much, much better!!!!

Oh, the Christmas memories are all flooding back!!!!  My Dad's favorite holiday!  He'd go nuts for Christmas!!!  Always worked a TON of overtime between Labor Day and Thanksgiving so us kids would have a HUGE Christmas.  Every year, he'd set up the tripod and take home movies with an 8mm movie camera of us opening our loot.  We've put the movies on DVD now and I still watch them every Christmas.  Lots of years of Christmases to choose from!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3